Automatic Vs Manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepester

If the same cars are lined up side by side, and the only difference between the two is ones an automatic, and ones a manual.... what car will win?

Manual. Nobody likes automatics. Why? They're slow, they shift too soon, they're downshifts are long and slow and they reach 4th at 60mph.

I think the automatic would win... Im 95% sure.

If you put a racing chip in that made the shifts at the right RPM and MPH combination, the Automatic would own.

Most racers use automatics for a reason. Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

You'll never be able to shift as fast as an automatic.

thepester: If you were to find a car with a lot of hp and tq like a worked Supra TT and one was Auto and the other Manu. then I would say that the Auto would own the manual unless the driver is one of the best in the world. It would be extremely close. Another problem with automatics is that the tranny drains more power from the motor then the manual will. Manuals put more to the ground if both motors have the same amount of power at the flywheel.

Peace*

I honestly think a manual would walk all over an Automatic, but I just got a 98 Civic EX 65k miles, thats an automatic and I want to make myself feel better.
I wouldn't have got it because its an automatic, but I got it for 2700 missing a front bumper, wheels, and fenders. I can replace all that for 1200 bucks I bet, and turn around and sell it for atleast 8500. Thats a profit of 4600 dollars!

I really want a 92-95 Civic EX 5spd, I want to put a gsr motor into it and go from there. I think 8500 will cover it all... I hope!

Hey is an annoying little :fr: tha t has to ask 500 stupid questions. His name really fits him. He really needs to do some research on his own. thepester look to the right above the advertisement at the top of the page. The second word over says search use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back