B.o.v.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a BOV from a 2G eclipse or probe sounds pretty unique with a whistle JB welded to it. just kidding i've never heard that, i think i would die laughing if somebody's BOV sounded like a whistle.

you buy a BOV based on your application- just like you would a wastegate. buying one for sound = :fr:

Another good BOV gag is get a whoopy cushion and cut off the end you blow through to fill it off. Then ziptie or safteywire it to your BOV's discharge tube, but make sure enough hangs off to make the ends of the rubber tube touch flush for about an inch. Enjoy! :lol:

On my Civic, I had a Greddy/Trust Blow-Off Valve. It sounded so sweet and loud as hell.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Why did I have to total my Civic?

HAHAHA whoopy cushion! thats awesome, im gonna try that on my app. anyways Greddy Type S comes highly recommended by me and many others, sounds good and is very efficent.

you can also get that kit where its a front mount intake that mimics an intercooler and a little piece of metal that makes your car whistle like a turbo spooling when you accelerate. they even include a cd where it makes a bypass valve sound when you shift :lol:

On a serious note, i've been told either a Greddy Type-S/R or HKS SuperSequential works best.. it increases both throttle response and reduce lag along with saving your turbo.

I love my GReddy Type S. Makes a neat whistle at low pressure, and a great big WHOOSH when I turned it up to 1 bar.

enginep11-18-01.JPG

I almost don't even wanna ask this, because I know that I should know it by now but...

SiR Kid,

What is that "aluminum" box that your piping goes through right before your BOV and I/M? And what's the hose that goes into it on the far left (passenger) side.

Thanks for answering my ELEMENTARY question

It's the "hose" with the 90 degree elbow and blue conection that runs into the air/water cooler on the far left side

A greddy Type S is probably on of the most popular BOV's used(if you havent noticed from its support on this thread). Another interesting one is the new APEXi twin chamber sequential. Using 2 chambers allows it to equallize internal and external piping pressures, creating less turbolag by not completely evacuating the charge pipe. Some rally cars do this by using a Recirculating valve hybrid to keep charge pipe pressures up, makes for some wicked quick spools between shifts. Also, the Turbo XS RFL is a very loud BOV. like 110+ decibles at .45bar or something. Just absolutely terrifying. A good friend of mine ran an RFL turbo-intercooler side of his piping and a Greddy on the Charge pipe side to really regulate pressure(somewhat overkill, but super effective). The sound was kind of a FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH followed quickly by another smaller foosh and a loud highpitched wistle. And this was just driving normally. It sounded like a canon or something when he raced, just a nice loud booming discharge of air back to the atmosphere.

Originally posted by XZILER8@May 21 2003, 11:39 AM
I'm sure it's probably a coolant line tho

close :)
thats for his oil-cooler-style water cooler. basically a radiator for the water

Back