b series into hatch ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

hey, i was reading in the faq about putting a b series into a ek non-si (SiR) and u need two mount; rear tranny and drivers side...i just wanted to make sure...is the rear tranny, the cross member mount...the one that looks like a triangle? thanks.

Not the mount, the bracket that goes to the mount needs to be replaced. The D series one is too short and thin.

ya, thanks, i just got one today...also, i have a b20...on the drivers side mount, do i need change the mount and the bracket to a si (SiR). thanks. ill post pictures of my motor soon

b series into 96-00 civic.. use all stock mounts and brackets EXCEPT u need.. 99-00 SI rear bracket(triangle).. and driver bracket that bolts to the block..

i've been curious about this myself.

which numbers are they? 7 and ???
4.jpg

E-14-1............... well if the one on the motor is a 99-00 SI one you dont need to change it.. if the motor is a gsr b20, b16.. u need the 99-00 si one.. gsr ones wont fit.. :D

ok so we get #7 and that e-14-1 piece (i don't think it's numbered correctly :unsure:) from the 99-00 si, and also #1 and 10 from the motor we're swapping.

EVERYTHING else on there can be reused from the civic correct? all 5 rubber parts, all bolts / studs / nuts / washers correct?

Originally posted by jwn7@Mar 26 2004, 01:16 PM
ok so we get #7 and that e-14-1 piece (i don't think it's numbered correctly :unsure:) from the 99-00 si, and also #1 and 10 from the motor we're swapping.

EVERYTHING else on there can be reused from the civic correct? all 5 rubber parts, all bolts / studs / nuts / washers correct?

On the 5th gen Civic with a B series you have to replace parts 1 and 10 with the B series but use parts 8 and 9 from the Civic. Not sure if on the EKs the rubbers from the B series match or not.

Hi, im about to do the same swap here

m going to swap a 97 B18B1 into my 00 civic EX coupe

can i use the 97 LS ecu OBDIIa or do i have to use the 99+ LS ecu OBDIIb?

the harness is stock on my ecu, will my ECU plug fit a P75 ecu?

i dont want to be a dick by taking this thread but i SEARCHED already and didnt find anything on ECU swap.

thanks

Back