b series longblocks for cheap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18EGraaaaw

my b18a just died on me, anybody know where i can get b18b1 (94-up) longblocks for a good price? i am in the northern cali area. if there are any places close by please let me know..

Originally posted by b18EGraaaaw@Dec 24 2002, 06:49 PM
my b18a just died on me, anybody know where i can get b18b1 (94-up) longblocks for a good price? i am in the northern cali area. if there are any places close by please let me know..

depends.. 94-95 are OBD 1 and 96-00 are OBD 2, if you have a 96-99 car, an OBD 1 swap is illegal in cali and a few other states. More are soon to crack down tho. So, which exactly you want? www.hmotorsonline.com have JDM long blocks for under a grand.

i have a 93 si, with 96 LS tranny/intake manifold/95 obd1 LS ECU, and a dead b18a1 motor, i was thinking about having my car BAR'd but then i wouldnt be able to use a 96-up block, if i get a 94-95 and use my 96 parts will that pass BAR? if i cannot pass BAR, i am just going with the 96-up LS block

Originally posted by b18EGraaaaw@Dec 24 2002, 07:08 PM
i have a 93 si, with 96 LS tranny/intake manifold/95 obd1 LS ECU, and a dead b18a1 motor, i was thinking about having my car BAR'd but then i wouldnt be able to use a 96-up block, if i get a 94-95 and use my 96 parts will that pass BAR? if i cannot pass BAR, i am just going with the 96-up LS block

why go from obd 1 to obd 2? obd 1 has less bullshit to mess with. I have no idea what BAR is, we dont have BAR where i live.

BAR is the bureau auto repair or some shot, Smog ref, to get your motor legally registered to have in ur car, like if you have a obd1 motor, you need everything obd1. but i dont know if the intake manifold and tranny is a problem

Back