B16 Into a 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alex_the_hipple

OK,

I want to do some sort of swap into my 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I was wondering if I would be able to put a B16 from a 1999-2001 Honda Civic SI Coupe into my car. I don't really want to hear a lot of the smart answers that I've been reading so far (i.e.; you can fit anything into anything if you have the money) because all I'm looking for is information on how to do it. If anybody has any real information on this or could even simply point me in the right direction I would appreciate it immensely.

Thanks,
ALEX

To be quite honest, those engines aren't easily interchangable. After 2002 honda engines began rotating in the other direction. Its not the biggest problem in the world but its hard to install it and to wire it. If its a opinion you want, i would suggest you look into a k-series engine. It will be a lot easier for you to get done. Good luck :)

Originally posted by MXDesa@May 22 2005, 04:19 PM
To be quite honest, those engines aren't easily interchangable. After 2002 honda engines began rotating in the other direction. Its not the biggest problem in the world but its hard to install it and to wire it. If its a opinion you want, i would suggest you look into a k-series engine. It will be a lot easier for you to get done. Good luck :)
[post=502285]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

K20 would suit you much better, and it has more torque than an a2.

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 22 2005, 05:12 PM-->
@May 22 2005, 04:19 PM
To be quite honest, those engines aren't easily interchangable.  After 2002 honda engines began rotating in the other direction.  Its not the biggest problem in the world but its hard to install it and to wire it.  If its a opinion you want, i would suggest you look into a k-series engine.  It will be a lot easier for you to get done.  Good luck  :)

:withstupid:

K20 would suit you much better, and it has more torque than an a2.
[post=502304]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: easier to do, and more torque.

not sure were ur from but if ur from california like me then u cant put and older motor into a newer car because of smog reasons. but everyone else is right go K- motor. you will be alot happier with that then the b16

Agreed! K-Series all the way in this case. The B-Series would just be a pain in the you know what.

if you want to put a b16 in it you might as well be a pimp and get a cl type-s motor and try to fit that shit in there!

j-series all the way! :worthy:

Originally posted by MXDesa+May 22 2005, 03:19 PM-->

Actually, the D17 engines still rotate the same direction as the old D and B blocks. The B would actually be easier to drop in, but the wiring would be a major pain.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@May 25 2005, 12:02 AM
not sure were ur from but if ur from california like me then u cant put and older motor into a newer car because of smog reasons. but everyone else is right go K- motor. you will be alot happier with that then the b16
[post=503259]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Technically, it's illegal everywhere in the US to swap an engine that's older than the car into the car...

jdmeg6
@May 25 2005, 12:06 AM
Agreed! K-Series all the way in this case. The B-Series would just be a pain in the you know what.
[post=503261]Quoted post[/post]​

K = makes more sense, but the B is easy too. You just won't find any ECUs on the market to run it (maybe 2001 ITR), and there aren't any mount kits for it either.

Back