b16 problem!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_XXX

okay soo i just swapt my jdm b16 motor into a 93 si civic. the motor was running fine just before i pulled it out of my last car in jan here!. so i went to start it today and it kinda made a clunk weird sound but wouldnt start. so i put a new battier in and the car started but it had an engine light come on right away and then it kinda made a weird nosie buy the timeing blet. i shut the car off and went and lookt at the motor and there was like half a chunk ript off and hanging off the timeing belt...wtf happend!! im lost here

so your timing belt came apart..
was it tensioned properly? was the timing belt new?
was the car timed correctly?

given that it ran in the other vehicle im assuming yes, but it never hurts to ask.

was it a dealer timing belt? the cheap autozone ones save you 20 or 30 bucks but they break teeth on them or rip apart easy. theyre not durrable and i never trust them unless theyre from the dealer. head gaskets, timing belts and balancer shaft belts if required are parts that i only get from the dealer. unless i have a rich customer who wants all dealer parts. the volkswagon customers i get are like that.

Back