b16 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i just finnished doing a b16a swap in to my 91 crx. it starts and drives but i cant get to go over 60 or 65mph.i have no idea what is worng. think that it might have to do with the spark plugs and wires but im not sure. does anyone hae any ideas on what might be worng?

You dont "think" there is? Is there a CEL?. And if so check the ecu for the flash code. If not maybe change plugs, wires, cap, rotor or else maybe its fuel related. Just guesses.

You need to give more information. Is the motor and car obd0? If you did the swap then certainly you can look behind the passenger side carpet and count the blinks on the ECU. Have you gone over your wiring? Could your vtec be hooked up wrong? You need to give us as much information as possible.

what does the motor soudn like when it does this does it sound to be fine ???????? could be a tranny problem could be locked in gear ??? does the car shift fine but the motor boggs down. give a explanation of what happens when you do this 60 mph run.

thanks steve

the motor sounds fine to me but my hearing isnt all the great tho. when i shift the hole car jurks like hardcore but it dose want to bogg down in low rpms. now when i take it on a run or what not after it gets over about 2000rpms it dosent want to bogg down but has really bad acceleration. could it have to do with the cable for the clutch by anychance? cause im still using the stock one that i trimmed a lil too much.

Originally posted by b16efhatch@Apr 17 2005, 09:52 PM
I think the cable would only affect shifting, not sure though.
[post=488043]Quoted post[/post]​

Well if it's too short it would be slightly engaging the clutch all the time which could keep the motor from accelerating past a certain point.

Back