B16A II Swap into 94 Civic EX wiring harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a CEL again code 1, will the D16Z6 O2 sensor work in the B16? Also what spark plugs do I need? Same as a Del Sol VTEC? or are JDM different? I prefer NGK so if anyone has a NGK number I was thinking of using BKR6E-11

I believe it will work as long as both are 4-wire o2's... And I would just get the plugs for the del sol vtec..

The D16 O2 should work just fine. I am using a D16Y5 secondary 4 wire O2 as my primary sensor and a 96-01 Teg Ls secondary O2. I have no issues has all 4 wire honda O2s are the same. You want have a bad sensor. Did you touch it or get oil on it??

The D16 O2 should work just fine. I am using a D16Y5 secondary 4 wire O2 as my primary sensor and a 96-01 Teg Ls secondary O2. I have no issues has all 4 wire honda O2s are the same. You want have a bad sensor. Did you touch it or get oil on it??

Actually the check engine light went out, but I am saving my D16 O2 just in case, I know it is good I replaced it not too long ago. As for the O2 I am using right now...It came with the swap, installed in the pipe, no telling what it has gone through. code 1 is for a heater failure in the oxygen sensor, so I do not understand why it would code and then go away. could be an internal short in the sensor. we will see if it comes back.

The cel light will go away when you turn it off, But when you start it back up it will stay off for a bit till it heats up enough and will come back on..

yea i know, but I have driven it back and forth to work three times without it recoding after I cleared it tuesday. 40min each way. definately enough of a drive cycle for o2 monitor.

Back