B16A intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmeg6

I recently did a B16A swap into my 92 Civic CX and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on picking a great intake for this particular swap. My only concerns are fit and performance. I know that AEM has a hybrid intake for this, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on that (keeping in mind I already read the article on the home page), or if I might just be better off getting an AEM short ram?? I'm really curious if anyone has intsalled the AEM V2 in an EG6 with a B16A, wondering if it even bolts in and fits correctly. I just basically want the most power possible regardless of the price. All advice and input is more than welcome! Thanks!

Originally posted by Speedracer228@May 14 2005, 01:54 PM
my opinion is that an intake is an intake. I got a cheapo ebay intake and a K&N Filter, just as good as an aem
[post=499259]Quoted post[/post]​

Well that's nice, but I can assure you that a crappy ass cheap aluminum tube and a K&N filter off eBay is not as good as an AEM intake. I need some real advice here, not some ghetto ass cheap route, keep in mind this will eventually be a show car and you will surely be laughed at if you rolled up with a $60 intake and entered :lol:. Anyone have some real advice on this matter? PLEASE!

get a powerchamber CF intake. they are supposed to make really good power. I can't remember the brand name, but I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@May 14 2005, 04:54 PM
my opinion is that an intake is an intake. I got a cheapo ebay intake and a K&N Filter, just as good as an aem

I agree w/ speedracer..... But u said it's going to be a show car. So an AEM is Cool or U can get a cheap one and spray a cool design on it and be Differrent!!!

Call it a custom intake system.....

Just my $.02

I use a short-ram AEM for a 99-2000 SiR with the B16A2(or Si for you USA dudes) on my EG with an SiRII. Fits fine, and the shock tower mounting location with the rubber bushings, fits with no problem or modification. Verry happy with the AEM...nice sound, and noticable gains on the low end.

Thank you all for your advice so far, it is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by jdmeg6+May 16 2005, 01:43 PM-->
Speedracer228
@May 14 2005, 01:54 PM
my opinion is that an intake is an intake.  I got a cheapo ebay intake and a K&N Filter, just as good as an aem

Well that's nice, but I can assure you that a crappy ass cheap aluminum tube and a K&N filter off eBay is not as good as an AEM intake. I need some real advice here, not some ghetto ass cheap route, keep in mind this will eventually be a show car and you will surely be laughed at if you rolled up with a $60 intake and entered :lol:. Anyone have some real advice on this matter? PLEASE!
[post=500035]Quoted post[/post]​

well if you want to look Bling yo, get some 300 dollar intake so you can say you spent 300 on a 3" aluminum tube with a filter. Just like the one i have, but with a nice sticker that says "AEM" and then u can be the shit.

your buying a name so u can say u have an AEM intake not because their 3" aluminum tube is that much better than the one i have.

Get an Injen Intake. Just make sure they send you the right one, unlike the one they sent me. I used it anyway, the intake just doesn't line up with the mounting point to the frame. *tap tap tap*

Thanks for all the opinions guys! I think that I am now torn between the AEM short ram and the CF PowerChamber from www.passwordjdm.com . Has anyone here ever had the CF PowerChamber on their ride? Im wondering if it feels or sounds the same as the AEM short ram? And do you think that the carbon fiber will stay cooler than the powder coated short ram from AEM? Thanks again!

Back