b16a xsi in 93 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chb504

well i'm going to order my motor from hmotorsonline.com and i ran across the b16a xsi. i know it has a cable tranny and i have a hydraulic tranny. It comes with the ys1 tranny and all the other stuff in the "complete changover" for $1699. I'm going to get the lsd tranny option which would put the price at $1999. Hasport makes a mount to use the cable tranny in my car and full-race sells it for $179+shipping. On hmotorsonline.com, the b16a (sirII) complete changeover is 2550 with the lsd tranny. so i'll save a few hundred if i get the xsi complete changeover w/lsd and the mount over the sirII swap w/lsd. I was just wandering if, with the xsi swap and hasport hydro-cable mount, that's all i will need to put it into my civic :blink:... i would like to save the few hundred tho with the xsi. i'm just unsure if with those things it will be a mostly ok swap :unsure:

thanks

you will also need to completly rewire the whole fucking engine harness

its not worth it it will most likely cost you as much or more to get that engine in there and then you still have a much older engine

:thumbsdown:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 15 2005, 08:21 PM

its not worth it it will most likely cost you as much or more to get that engine in there and then you still have a much older engine

[post=527054]Quoted post[/post]​

E...... :worthy:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 16 2005, 02:21 AM

[post=527054]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, if it's the 90-91. If you can specifically get the 92-93, all you'd need is the cable into hydraulic conversion. A couple people here have done this with the OBD I ones, but if it's an OBD 0, you're better off just getting the correct one. N0t to mention, IMO, it's better to pay the little extra and get a newer motor anyway.

^ yes!

and it is much easier to locate and replace the hydraulic b16 tranny compared to finding another cable one that does not grind

still going to be a cable clutch

your car has a hydraulic clutch

you will need a conversion kit

and its a LOT harder to find good cable trannies when you blow that one up

ok yes it will fit and no u wont have to re wire anything cuz the motor is obd-1. i have the same motor in my integra-DA. and all u need to get is the conversion for the cable tranny and your set. but i doubt ur gonna get the lsd tranny- i waited like 3 months and they still didnt get any in so i jus had them send me the one with the open diff.

Back