B16a1 Crx Hf Swap Wiring Nightmare

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pleasehelpimlost

i have mounted the b16a1 motor into my crx hf and the wiring schematics are givin me a hell of a lot of trouble and i was wondering if anybody out there had some pointers for me because the wiring just isnt matching up, any help would be appreciated :worthy:

shematics? all you have to do is run the required wires for vtec bro, and just plug in the rest of your sensors, you'll prolly have to cut and extend your o2.

yeah if only it were that easy, but all the wires have been cut from the fuse box out and i dont have the old harness from the car, i have the vtec wires all together and hooked up i just dont know what wires to connect to what because the colors dont all match up, and all the plugs arein tact on the engine i just dont know what wires go to what wires

Originally posted by pleasehelpimlost@Jan 7 2003, 09:49 PM
yeah if only it were that easy, but all the wires have been cut from the fuse box out and i dont have the old harness from the car, i have the vtec wires all together and hooked up i just dont know what wires to connect to what because the colors dont all match up, and all the plugs arein tact on the engine i just dont know what wires go to what wires

where's the old harness from teh car? i'd just buy a hf or si one from a junkyard, they normally aren't that much... or hit up ebay

yeah dude, your not dumb, normally the orginal harness is suppose to be kept in tact... and lets say for instance in your case the b16 should have came with a cut harness, but you don't need that harness at all, you just need a few plugs off it (the ones to make vtec work), then you run all of that shit with your exisiting harness and throw it into your plug and then plug it into the ecu, and as far as all the other common sensors they just plug right in from the new motor to your orginal harness..... i'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a harness at all, just post for a complete Si or HF harness on honda-tech or hit up ebay....

yeah thanks man i just got on ebay and i have a complete harness on the way and it should be a lot of help, i just wish the stock hf harness had come to me in tact, i bought the car with no egine in it for 200 so i didnt have the harness in tact, thanks again

how much did you get it for? was the motor stole out of it? because that's the general way it's done is by saying fuck it and slicing the harness.

yeah that's not a bad buy at all for 200 bones, i would of too.... hows the body?, if only theifs would only unplug things the way they were meant to and neatly leave them there, friggen jerks

Back