B16a1 in a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

Well i have decided for now im going to make the motor n/a..
And from what i am hearing i should use ITR 4-1 header, ITR intake manifold and TB, As well as ITR everything on the inside of the head... does this sound abt right? I had planned on going with that, along with aem fuel rail and filter, some sort of cold air intake, and dc sport adjustable cams... Is there anything u could suggest or make this all work better...

Im looking for N/A ideas so please do not suggest anything turbo or nitrous..

thanks
chris

You don't need the fuel rail- omit it if you need to save some cash.

ITR everything will make a nice build, but you can make more power if you do some searching around for better spec aftermarket parts. ITR pistons will actually yield lower compression in your B16A than stock- the dome volumes are not as large as the stock B16A units. If anything, find some CTR pistons to throw in.

This is a good page- check it out:

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcal...c/compcalc.html

The CTR intake camshaft is also a little more aggressive than the ITR intake cam- the exhaust cams are the same. Get the CTR cam if you can. If you're willing to spend more money, you can get a full aftermarket setup- like the Skunk2 Stage 2 cams (Stage 1 is similar to Type-R ), and you can port/polish your stock head/manifold instead of spending the money on the ITR head/manifold.

not a bad idea thanks....i will check in to pricing on the port and polishing the stock b16a parts.... never thought of that, an ill also check into pricin on the ctr parts.. would the skunk2 be better though?>

You can get Skunk2 cams in more aggressive profiles than the CTR, and still run it smoothly on pump gas. The Skunk2 parts are a little more expensive than OEM CTR stuff, so you'll have to take that into consideration. If you go with Skunk2 cams, get the Skunk2 valve springs and retainers to go with it. The same follows for Jun cams or any other manufacturer.

The more aggressive aftermarket parts will make more power, but you'll have to be more careful with your tuning.

really... so what ever brand i go with from skunk2 to ctr i should use all same stuff..... ctr cams and retainers and so on....? ctr would be cheaper... what kinda of top horse pwr would i be looking at with all this and some what tuned?

If I was you I would go Skunk2 all the way! Yes it is a little more pricey but you get what you pay for! And in the end the whole Skunk2 head package along with the Skunk2 intake manifold would be a killer set up for N/A!

Back