B16A2 head build....(prepare for some long wind)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Did you get your money back for the head, or are you still planning on sending it in? Are your plans still the same for the car?

I have to e-mail the guy who is doing the work and will get back to you on that. I should be able to send the head in and get the work done but as far as the plans being the same, I will have to consult my consultant, Calesta, and plot things out one more time. haha I'm hoping the head work will get done and I will at least have that completed. It's sad that it's been, oh, five years since I began my journey down this road and have yet to complete my dream, but life does take us on some very interesting journey's at times. I would tell anyone in my situation to never give up and follow their dream. My dad has been a huge supporter of my dream, regardless of where I have been in life over the years and would love to see the project finished. That is another reason for my never giving up. I would love for him to be the first person to drive the car once everything is finished. THAT would be the ultimate payoff for me nowadays. ^_^

Here's a small update. I decided to go with a Supertech valve train, i.e. valves, springs and retainers. These should arrive sometime in the next two weeks. I could have had these a VERY long time ago, but the money situation just wasn't there. After contacting the person who was going to do the head work, we realized that I had paid off the valve train and most of the head work YEARS ago. Talk about a pleasant surprise. I've decided to have the head work done locally, instead of sending it off, though I have not made a final decision as to what shop will do the work. Patience has paid off and I have met a few "tuners" who know a few shops and people very close by. I'm sure they will help me decide where the port and polish will end up being done. I've been comparing cams lately and may end up going with Crower's Stage 2 turbo cams. They are both economical at around $460 for the pair and will get the job done very, very well. These have also been "paid off" in a way, as the person who was going to do my head work is refunding me all of the machine work. In essence, I will just have to save up for the head work itself. I'll be consulting my dear consultant, Calesta, of course, before anything is done. After all, I will get one shot at doing this and I will do it right!

I can't believe four year's have passed since I've posted here. So much has happened in life, from my EK hatch being stolen at my job in 2014, to the "mechanics" who have screwed me over the years. I've found two reliable people to work on my car exclusively from here on out. The last "mechanic" that worked on my car...wow. I don't know where to start. It's a lot to discuss, but I'll keep things to the positive. It's great to be back. I'm not sure how often I'll be on, but I will be doing my research again.

Oh and even though the title says "B16A2 head", which I have, I'm actually using a GSR head, with a full Supertech valve train. Don't ask how that happened. It's another not so great story. haha Phunky.Budha, B, E, LS, Egsir, AHHH, Brutal...I hope you guys are still around. I'll be posting little by little, in hopes to update everyone. In other words, what I'd really like to say is, hi again HondaSwap. It's good to be back. :)

Hi guy's. There's been a lot happening in life since my last post, from a herniated disc, to qualifying for a double wide and 3.5 acres, to my wife...well, fiancé, but we'll be married next year...losing her job like many other's due to the unfortunate virus, to stress, chest pain the past two month's...which I'll know the results off on Wednesday, to selling 85% or so of my Honda stuff.

I had been collecting parts to do a turbo, K24a2 swap for my hatchback, which turned into buying a K20a2 Type R out of a European CL7 Accord, a type R transmission...etc.etc., and I felt like I wasn't getting very far. Mind you, I've been working on this dream of mine and my dad, helped out by a lot of you whether in parts or solid advice, for twenty three year's.

Everything came to a head when my family and I started hurting hard, due to her being laid off. That prompted me to start selling stuff. Talk about Ktuned, turbo, K24a2 long block, hoses, ac kit, power steering kit...a BUNCH of stuff to build a K series, almost gone in sixty seconds. I began utilizing the money to take care of my family

...stupid user error and hitting the enter key too soon.

Anyhow, after the family stabilized, I saved up quite a bit and switched to the dark side. Please don't hate me, but I own a 1.8t four door Golf, which should be done this week and a VR6 24v GTI. I ended up switching to Volkswagen. The money spent on cars and parts, versus my Honda days was something else.

Here is a breakdown:
2003 4-door Golf shell $300
2002 2-door GTI 24v VR6 with a six speed transmission $1,800
Donor Jetta with the turbo swap, engine and all other goodies, $1,700
Spare 5 speed transmission for the Golf $150
Owning a car for the first time in 23 year's that I feel good about driving to work, where mine was stolen previously and had a lip stolen earlier this year, will be a good feeling.

I know there are more parts involved, but you get the gist. I don't want to bog things down with non Honda talk, which I still love and appreciate.

A lot of you guy's have been such a great impact in my life when it's come to learning about cars, tunes, kayaks, etc.etc., and I will always appreciate you and HondaSwap. The community that has been built here is one of fellowship and camaraderie. This is the perfect environment to learn, joke around and enjoy yourself about car related stuff or talk about pictures of girl's dressed in St. Paulie girl style dresses, E. 😁

I could keep you guy's updated on this project in a proper thread, if it is allowed. To me, HondaSwap will always be home, no matter how long I haven't been around.

Mike, I'm hoping to catch up with you sometime, brother. You're still talked around at home, my wife knows who you are, as does my friend/mechanic. You're an international star! Haha

In my list of parts I've sold, I forgot to mention a fully built D16Z6 with a custom ground cam from my would be tuner, full Supertech valve train, Skunk2 rods with Vitara pistons, with who knows what else, that I ended up selling both my hatchback shell and the swap/turbo kit, to my mechanic's wife. She loves cars too. Haha

:wave:

No worries about "joining the dark side".
I'm now on my 2nd Krautwagen.
Started with an 03 TDi Golf 2dr 5spd, now I have a 12 TDi Golf 2dr 6spd that I absolutely love.

Definitely put up a thread on the VR6 build.

Back