b16a2 head on a b18c1 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95integra gsr

i heard about this last weekend, i heard that the vtec on a gsr head kicks in at 4700 and the again at i think 7000, kinda like a lil bit 1st then the rest at 7000 (correct me if im wrong), and i heard the vtec on the Si head kicks in all at once, i wasnt sure about it, like i said, i heard this just last weekend, and i was wondering if anyone had heard of this, or if its B/S

thanx
daniel

The OBD1 GSR with the B18C1 the VTEC crossover is at 4400, the secondaries open after that.

crossover at 4400rpm and I thought butterflies at 5700rpm or is it 4400 butterflies and vtec crossover at 57k??

either way, it's a similar head, the ecu controls it

<-- B16 head with P72 ECU, The X over is at 4400. ITR cams make the change much more audible than GSR cams.

I have a GSR and my VTEC secondaries open at 5700-5800RPM that when you can really here and it actually picks up. Sucks though cause GSR's dont make all its power until 7600RPM :angry: Hopefully the turbo setup well help the car get into that powerband very quickly.

that frankenstein is also called a poor mans type R. my friend has the reverse a b16b block with b18c1 head, and launches at 9000RPM. a bone stock engine in a gutted eg hatch running 13.8

What would be the point of putting the b18c head on? The B16 heads flow better, unless he had a fucked up head and had to put the b18 head on.

Originally posted by 96coupeb18@Oct 16 2003, 08:08 PM
I have a GSR and my VTEC secondaries open at 5700-5800RPM that when you can really here and it actually picks up. Sucks though cause GSR's dont make all its power until 7600RPM :angry: Hopefully the turbo setup well help the car get into that powerband very quickly.

Not quite, VTEC hits at 4400 RPM and your secondaries in you IM open around 5700.

and launches at 9000RPM

Wow, imagine what he could run if he learned to drive.

the guy that ownz the b16b with b18c1 head says to say, that the reason he does that is b/c the combustion chamber on the GSR head is different bumping up the C/R, and he says it makes no torque, only rev's high, so he has to get off the line with a good 60' to get a good run in. he also says he'll challange u to a race anyday.

heres what goes on, the p72 ecu, engages vtec 2 4400 rpm, then the secondaries at 5700 rpm

the reasn you wont hear vtec is because the transition in the powerband is so smooth, where as at 5700 its totally differnt.

as sleeper_crx said:

if your going all motor you want rpm, theres no torque in a all motor setup.

first off who are you to say i cant drive?

second, i have a dresser full of timeslips to show i know how to drive so shut up

i dont know if you know this but, the b16 piston has a dome shape to it, and the gsr is a flat top design, so makes a smaller combustion area, higher compression.

yea the b16 head flows better, but not by much. also how many stock b16s out there are running 13's?

heres my setup, and you be the judge lets see who can drive

b16a
GSR head
short ram intake
kamakazee header
2.5" exhaust
skunk2 cam gears
CTR intake cam

very basic setup, its all driver

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 17 2003, 02:08 AM
the guy that ownz the b16b with b18c1 head says to say, that the reason he does that is b/c the combustion chamber on the GSR head is different bumping up the C/R, and he says it makes no torque, only rev's high, so he has to get off the line with a good 60' to get a good run in. he also says he'll challange u to a race anyday.

Quit while you are ahead, just shut the fuck up.

Back