B16a2 Price & Install In2 Eg Civic Dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm538

I was wondering how much a b16a2 usally goes for with install into a 93 civic DX.

A B16A2 if OBD2, so you will need a OBD conversion harness (250), then the complete changeover (4000) and pay to install (1000)

Bust out with the credit cards, it's gonna be at least 5k

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 1 2003, 08:59 PM
A B16A2 if OBD2, so you will need a OBD conversion harness (250), then the complete changeover (4000) and pay to install (1000)

Bust out with the credit cards, it's gonna be at least 5k

bah...im gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one

a b16a2 complete legit swap can be found for 2000-2200, i would know as i was about to buy one before i got the LS

If you have any clue of what you are doing then a motor swap can be done with common tools and a motor hoist. Its incredibly simple. And besides, it shouldnt cost 1k to have it swapped in. I know people that have had swaps done for 500.

And you dont need a conversion harness if you can get a obd2 integra wire harness. Then you just need to sell the b16 ecu and buy a obd1 ls one. Everything will plug right in. You will also probably make money by selling the b16 ecu and picking up a ls one, i got my ls ecu for 30 bucks from ebay.

b16a2 swap- 2500 tops
teg harness- 75 at most
ecu swap- you will at least break even

add 400 for a new clutch, water pump, and t belt, and other misc parts- and you will be set :)

you can get it done for 3K at most, and you will probably have some extra money left over for bolt ons after the swap

link for info on obd2 motors into obd1 cars

Back