B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks guys, this is what I'll do.

Did a lot of work this weekend on the car. Got the engine out and swapped in the GSR crank I just bought. Bolted everything down (except the 1 bad rod, still waiting on mine from vtecsir) and plastigauged, all looks good. Bolted up the tranny and bought new axles (my boots were torn). Got the engine back in the car, with the head still off and pan off. I plan on dropping in the piston/rod when I get everything switched over then slap the head on.

I jbwelded some AN -10 fittings on my other valve cover. Decided to paint it too. I still need to get a catch can. I'm thinking of relocating my battery and getting this thing.
Pro Series Oil Catch Can -10AN Bungs (6) Breather Filters (3)

brmsprocatchcan.jpg

I figure at the same time I can finally wire in my kill switch. Ian, thanks for posting that thread on H-T, I have some more questions for you.

shizzy is on your porch at 2:48 pm....dont be upset when you open them to find a box of bolts lol! I even used a Honda box I had to make it even more legit like you were getting good stuff...then I thought after I sent it, shit this is cali and the UPS guy is probably going to think its some bad ass Honda parts and "misplace it".

The guy that runs ipg (James) is a good guy since thats where your link is to, he just bought an Integra for ITA SCCA and is based not far from me.

It seems like all the drag racing guys are going road course now...maybe bored with it but they wont make more money selling road race shit.

Last edited:
Got em, thanks man!

Do you want me to send back the unused rod/piston and the piston I remove?

No problem!

Up to you, I dont need the rods at all but if you get around to it the pistons are still good I think.

EDIT: I need pics and MOAR updates!

Last edited:
i'm not a big fan of that catch can design, unless you're running multiple sources to the same end.

Some of the catch can lines shouldn't mix or you may ruin the vac or whatever is running through it correctly. I realize that vac is vac, but its not meant to be 'merged' like that after the source... I dunno.
I personally run 2 sperate cans... one for the pcv side, and one for the breater/intake side.

I'm back!

Got piston/rod back from shop and dropped her in last night. Also started making my own catch can for about 1/2 the cost of that other one. I'll get some pics up later if I have time.

B,
I have not vac source hooked up, nor a pcv.

Some of the catch can lines shouldn't mix or you may ruin the vac or whatever is running through it correctly. I realize that vac is vac, but its not meant to be 'merged' like that after the source... I dunno.

What you're alluding to is out-of-phase partially pulsated vacuum. And on an IL4, it's not a big deal, especially a N/A IL4.

i think you guys are confusing each other.

hes venting the POSITIVE pressure from the crank case. AFAIK its not getting fed back to the intake.

I cant wait to see how it comes out!

I have been rethinking my catch can setup ever since you have had this issue.

She runs!! :). Just in time for an event on Saturday!

You know I always assumed that my catch can never filled up. But I wasn't opening the petcock enough. Had about 1/2qt in it. I'm going to reconfigure my catch can setup and utilize a drainback. Good thing that moroso oil pan has a nice drainback plug :)

Ian, told you so. :p

It is running pretty good. I had some smoke when I was breaking it in. I really hope that goes away...

Back