B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sphericals scare me. They don't give at all... So something has to break or bend.
The HC guys are using them with great success. :)

go with PIC coilovers.. 10/8
JRZ homie

nice build.. but how do you like the skunk2 front camber kit?
Thanks!
So far the skunk2 camber kit has been great; its only been on there for about a year though.

Thanks!
So far the skunk2 camber kit has been great; its only been on there for about a year though.[/QUOTE]

awesome I'm considering getting some thanx 4 your input...
1 more question how much did the cage cost? If you don't mind answering..
Thanx

Updated first post with pics.

I think my catchcan was allowing moisture into the engine. Note the pic with the valve cover removed; you can see white shit on top of the cam cap bolts. My catch can had no filter on it and I noticed the lines from the valve cover breather to the catch can was clogged with white shit like it was an artery of a 500lb man.

I'm giving the head to my buddy to check out; install new springs/retainers and valve stem seals. Engine and tranny get pulled next so I can remove my ATS LSD and install my new KAAZ.

Still waiting on my JRZ's to arrive.

JRZ's are here! Damn they look nice. :) In the process of modifying the Tien spherical top hats to accept the dampers which should be done next week. Starting off with spring rates 800 front 900 rear. I'll take some pics tonight of the dampers.

Also picked up my spherical rear lca's.

whats on the car now? suspension wise? what ya gonna do w/ it?
Tien HA's. I'm selling them, want them? $400 includes type-r rear LCA's. Coilovers are still in decent condition.

Please buy them; I need to buy a fire system for the car... lol.

They come with OE tophats on them already, easy swap! :)

Updated first post with new pics.

Spent more time on the car. Finally got the rear comensating arms cut out; check out the pics. What a PITA. Metal sleeve of the bushing was seized to the bolt, used a grinder to cut it out.

Got some pics of the new JRZ's as well, they look nice with the LCA's bling!

We had to modify the Tien tophats; boring out the metal insert sleeve to accept the larger diameter rod. Worked out pretty well.

Next is installing the sphericals in the RTA. Also need to pull the old B16, swap some parts to the new motor; and install the B18C.

Can't wait to get this thing on the track.

I had to do the exact same thing on the compensating arms on my ek. Definitely a huge pita. Nice looking build

Baller shocks! Nice! Really looking to forward see how well you do this year.

Updated pics on first post!

Got the engine almost completely assembled now. Did my P2V clearance checking and no contact even with gears maxed out.. crazy. These cams don't seem to have a lot of duration but a lot of lift. Well, lets see what they'll make in a month or two?

Also got the spherical installed in the rear trailing arm. Rear suspension is ready to be put back together.

So much to do; who wants to help? lol.

Not sure as I did not actually clay the motor. My plan was to rotate the motor with full range on the gears and wait for piston contact, then back off with a dial indicator to check. I never hit the piston; so I'm assuming I'm safe. I don't imagine going that far on these cams anyways.

Double adjustable JRZ RS with modified Tien top hats.
IMG_2104.JPG

Rebound adjustment on the bottom:
IMG_2105.JPG

Installed with new LCA with sphericals.
IMG_2108.JPG

Another angle. Looks like I need to space out the end link so it is not at such an agressive angle.
IMG_2109.JPG

Rebound adjustment for the rear's
IMG_2110.JPG

Also got my rear trailing arm sphericals installed.

IMG_2150.JPG

umm where did you get the "rear trailing arm spehericals" too NEVER seen those before.Are they good? Expensive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back