B17 into EG swap, ys1 tranny...torque mount and axle questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

close2racer

currently doing this swap right now into my 93 eg with a 93 b17, ys1 cable tranny. ive got everything i need to know. wiring is easy so no probs. only a couple questions if anyone can answer: i have 94+ integra axles available so will they work fine for the swap? i know 90-93 teg axles will do but ive got these on hand....

and also i dont have the front torque mounting brackets that didnt come with my motor. the front tranny and driver side that bolts to the frame. and i know id need the teg ones for that motor if i wanted to bolt them up in place but since i have a new hasport mount kit, i read somewhere that those torque mounts wouldnt be necessary even though i know they'd help. is it true that i can go on only the hasport mounts and rear t-bracket? just dont want too much rocking motion when accelerating...

any help is appreciated

From what I remember the 94+ teg axles will not work. The reason being that the halfshaft is different, and the correct halfshaft for the 94+ axles will not bolt to the motor, so you need to use the 90-93 teg axle halfshaft combo. If the 94+ halfshaft does bolt to the motor, than you are good to go with using the 94+ axles, but I do seem to remember it having a different bolt pattern.

As far as the torque mounts, I am a firm believer in the idea that Honda knew what they were doing with them, and even with the Hasport mount kit, it is a good idea to use them. I noticed a huge difference in my car once I installed them, and an even bigger one once I filled them with urethane.

hey i appreciate the help. actually just dropped in the motor yesterday. but i didnt get to bolt on the axles yet. been slackin. so i guess ill find out if they work or not. i read a couple threads saying that they would work as the obd2 b-series swaps are just the same as the obd1 but we will see. yea not too concerned with the torque mounts as i could just bolt them in place even after the motor is dropped. ill post up once i finish the axle install to confirm a yes or no...

well im using 94+ axles and drivers side wont work at all. completely different end. passenger side plugs in perfect. if im using just a drivers side 93 axle could it work with the 94+ passenger side axle i have? the length shouldnt be an issue for that combo i assume....

well im using 94+ axles and drivers side wont work at all. completely different end. passenger side plugs in perfect. if im using just a drivers side 93 axle could it work with the 94+ passenger side axle i have? the length shouldnt be an issue for that combo i assume....

Right the first halfshafts were male I believe, and the nescessary halfshaft is female, or maybe that's backwards. I am pretty sure that using the 93 axle on the passenger side is ok.

yea did some more homework. just decided to match the combo by getting a 94 intermediate shaft to retain my axles. thanks for the help

Back