b18b swap into del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolReaver

Ok im picking up my 2000 gs integra swap next week, im trying to gather up all the parts so it will be a smooth install :)

1. My car is currently an obd1, the swap is a obd2, will i be able to use a obd1 ls ecu, and the obd2 harness? And if that doesnt work, will a 94-95 integra non vtec wiring harness work, with no modifications to the sensors or distributor or anything? I mean, will the obd1 harness plug right into the motor?

2. Will there be any problems with the axles lining up right?

3. Will the shift linkage on the integra fit my car?

4. Will the integra mounts line up properly?

5. Is the exhaust manifold going to line up with my cat?

By the way, my car is a 95 del sol s, with a 5 spd tranny.

All info is appreciated, and when im done with the swap, i will make a swap guide for the articles section! :p

i thought you were buying mine??

and if not, why an obd2??? dont pick that up man... you are only making things harder and more expensive on yourself than getting on obd 1 swap

yeah i know man, i want to buy yours, but the shipping is going to be a bitch and you said you would rather a local buy it. But if you are willing to ship it to me, i would buy yours...the deal i have now is a 2K gs swap, with 17K on it, for 1500...i will be picking it up.

Well, if you will sell yours for 1400 shipped for everything (stock ls parts) let me know. Hows the 240sx deal going?

By the way, im in 52806

Originally posted by SolReaver@Nov 4 2002, 06:00 AM

ohh i forgot to answer your questions-
If you do decide to be a dumbass :) here's whats up...

1. My car is currently an obd1, the swap is a obd2, will i be able to use a obd1 ls ecu, and the obd2 harness?

No.
will a 94-95 integra non vtec wiring harness work with no modifications to the sensors or distributor or anything? I mean, will the obd1 harness plug right into the motor?

No.
2. Will there be any problems with the axles lining up right?

No. They are the same
3. Will the shift linkage on the integra fit my car?

No. Any b-series motor, you need a del sol vtec linkage/stabilizer for the del sol's.... or happy hacking cutting welding.
4. Will the integra mounts line up properly?

Yes. use the ls mounts
5. Is the exhaust manifold going to line up with my cat?

I'm not sure, but I've been told it would... but i think it won't be perfect- but it will be usable....

So yeah- see why i said get an obd 1 swap...

Originally posted by SolReaver@Nov 4 2002, 06:56 AM
yeah i know man, i want to buy yours, but the shipping is going to be a bitch and you said you would rather a local buy it. But if you are willing to ship it to me, i would buy yours...the deal i have now is a 2K gs swap, with 17K on it, for 1500...i will be picking it up.

Well, if you will sell yours for 1400 shipped for everything (stock ls parts) let me know. Hows the 240sx deal going?

By the way, im in 52806

ehh-- mines in 10000 pieces right now...
and about 30 boxes.... it will cost a lot to ship it......

what state are you?

Lol, yeah i know what youre saying, That motor sounds so damn appealing though, 17000 miles on it...almost brand new...

its a good motor-- but its going to cost you a couple hundred more still just to get it in.

if you do go with it- use your stock del sol s wiring and run wires for the o2 sensor (I'm pretty sure the S is a 1-wire o2, the b-series are 4 if im not mistaken)
everything else should plug in....

but why obd2?? Its a bastardized global warming make your car go slower thing

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2002, 07:03 AM
but why obd2?? Its a bastardized global warming make your car go slower thing

LMAO!! Yeah, the obd2 deal basically deals with the ecu, right? And if i convert it to obd1 it should be all good.

not at all...

its all about emissions.

its got a better for the economy cat, o2 air/fuel, pcv, egr, and so on...
not to mention distributor parts, etc are way more moeny

ohhh ok, i see what youre saying

i thought it just had to do with the ecu...guess not ;)

anyways, if you still want to ship your swap to me, let me know...if not, i understand that its going to be a pain in the ass

if i do end up getting that obd2 swap though, the plugs and all for my current harness are going to connect just fine except for modifying the o2 sensor?

im thinking that i will be able to sell the obd2 harness and ecu on ebay or something, and with that cash i will be able to buy a ls or gs ecu...

all right i checked up on this a little more, here is what i found: (this was pulled off the jdmhondaparts site)

Ok, this question is of topic on many, many, Honda related discussion tech forums. Until recently, its becoming common to drop an OBD2 DOHC VTEC equipped engine into an OBD1 wired chassis. The main issue at hand is wiring and the ecu, when doing this type of engine swap; the ecu plugs, being the main concern. OBD1 & OBD2 engines and transmissions, are exactly the same in physical design and will bolt in exaclty the same way, whether the chassis be a 92-01 civic or integra. Now, there's actually 2 options you have with the wiring situation:

Option 1)
Get rid of/trade/sell the B-series OBD2 distributor, injectors, ecu, alternator (square green plug), and engine harness in favor for OBD1 version of these parts. This option can take some time to do though, as a lot these of OBD1 parts are getting hard to find nowadays. This is why you should look into the next option...

Option 2)
Stick with most of the OBD2 parts you already have on the OBD2 engine. You'll just have to do a few minor things to accomodate the OBD2 components on this engine to work in your OBD1 equipped chassis. You will be able to use/reuse an OBD1 ecu with this OBD2 engine; this does work without headache. All you really need to do is pick up an OBD2 (96-01) integra engine harness; it has to be from an integra though! Why use 96+ integra harness? Because you cannot use any 96-01 civic engine harness since it's a 1-peice design that runs all the way down to the ecu. 92-95 civics and 94-01 integra's all use a 2-peice engine harness, which disconnects at the passenger side shock tower, seen here. Now, there will be a couple plugs that will be left unplugged, and this is ok, because an OBD1 ecu will not look for whatever those plugs actually go into, let alone the extra OBD2 sensors equipped on US OBD2 engines (oil pump/CKP sensor & 2nd 02). JDM OBD2 engines do not have these extra sensors: oil pump/CKP and 2nd 02; unlike US OBD2 engines. This applies to both SOHC and DOHC VTEC and non-VTEC engines.

Whether you choose to go with option 1 or 2, as long as you stick with an OBD1 ecu, everything should run normal, provided your engine swap is being performed by a knowledgeable person in the field of Honda hybriding.

So my final question is, will my del sol ecu run the motor, or will i need to find an obd1 integra ecu?

Back