b18b turbo question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I have t3/t4e .57/.63 garrett turbo. Sorry to ask the what if questions but my friend is curious, and in the interests of selling my turbo I am hoping someone on here can give me a rough idea.

On a stock b18b motor + DSM450 (and tuned) with that turbo installed @ 7psi:

What rpm would the turbo start boosting?
What rpm would the turbo hit full boost?
How much horsepower would he put down with that setup on the dyno?

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jul 26 2005, 08:55 PM
I have t3/t4e .57/.63 garrett turbo. Sorry to ask the what if questions but my friend is curious, and in the interests of selling my turbo I am hoping someone on here can give me a rough idea.

On a stock b18b motor + DSM450 (and tuned) with that turbo installed @ 7psi:

What rpm would the turbo start boosting?
What rpm would the turbo hit full boost?
How much horsepower would he put down with that setup on the dyno?
[post=531623]Quoted post[/post]​

im runnin the same setup right now...i just fired my car up tonite...and i have :

Garrett t3/t4 .50 trim on a stock b18b integra...with dsm 450cc injectors and a chipped Ecu...

my turbo should hit full boost by 3200 rpms...between 3000 and 3500...roughly 3200....but a turbo starts spooling as soon as rpms go up..its when it hits full boost is what you need to watch out for...

as far as power....it all depends :

are you running stock exhaust?
How big is your wastegate
how big are your IC pipes
how well is your setup tuned??

on your turbo you should be putting down anywhere from 170 180 whp to 190 200whp...more likely in the 170-180 range..until you either upgrade your mods..or crank up the boost.

Back