B18B1 is now running in EF/si...need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18B1 idles hi so I connect the map sensor the B16A had on the firewall and now idles @ 1500rpms. What is the correct map sensor to use and any other sensors that need to be changed since the it was originally OBD-1 and now running OBD-0 with the correct ecu & dizzy? ANyone with vaccum diagrams would help..?

the firewall map is fine. You say it is a OBD1 engine? You should either have a chipped P28 or the ECU that came with that LS (I dont know the code of the LS ECU). You will also need a Conversion harness for that ECU. I assume that since it runs you already have the distributor harness converted?

Wait, I just re-read what you said....it doesnt make any sense. You have it running correctly with the OBD0 ecu and dizzy? or am I reading this wrong?

Does this help you at all?

wNjQ5ODE0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Originally posted by Som1Dies2Nite@Jun 5 2005, 02:08 AM
B18B1 idles hi so I connect the map sensor the B16A had on the firewall and now idles @ 1500rpms. What is the correct map sensor to use and any other sensors that need to be changed since the it was originally OBD-1 and now running OBD-0 with the correct ecu & dizzy? ANyone with vaccum diagrams would help..?
[post=508027]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes..Engine is off a 94 integra but decide to use the PR4 (OBD-0) ecu with the TD23U dizzy/B16A injectors and started on the first crank...It is (black) smoking but until I have all vacuums and sensors hooked..We'll see if it stops. By the way should I use the MAP sensor on the fire wall or use the the 1 on the TB?

It's perfectly fine to run an obd1 (or 2) engine with obd0. I have an obd2 b16b in mine running with obd0. Got 201 hp last rolling road at 8k. If you have the throttle from the b18 with the map sensor on it, I'd use that. The sensor will then be sensing the correct pressure whereas if you are using the firewall map sensor and plumbing it into the b18 intake manifold, it won't. It will be near enough but if you wanted to be pedantic....

There is also supposedly a difference between the two map sensors. The obd 0 measures 1.7 bar and teh obd2 one measures 1.8 bar. I have also heard that the technical specs show this not to be the case but I haven't seen them so can't confirm.

Back