b18b1 very slight build cant get it to rev up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integra41042

i had this motor in a 92 civic hatch dx. i pulled it, sold the car and got a 95 vx. it a obd1 b18b1 out of a 94 integra and all i did was port and polish the head. supertech valves. stock cams and injectors. skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body. I had to use stock manifold for now and there is no exhaust. the block is all stock.

any time you try to rev it if falls on its face like something is shutting off. I tried every sensor on it, and a different computer. My buddy told me I have to take the harness off the single cam motor that came out of the vx and put it on the ls. Its not the stock vx motor that came in the car, its a d15b and I dont think its vtec. what should my next approach be?

oh yea, if you restrict the fuel line it seems to idle better but still falls on its face when you give it throttle, one buddy thinks its loading up but it seems like a sensor type of problem to me.

i have tried everything. I mean everything. It runs really rich. It loads up. The plugs are all black. Please somebody help

Fresh plugs, check fuel pressure regulator, using same ecu you been using?, x2 check tps, o2 sensor, ummm...... Check those out? If not might wanna.

Make sure that cat isnt clogged up, ive heard stories of a clogged cat causing o2 sensor to read wrong and ecu tries to compensate for it loading up the motor also. I just thought about it.

brand new plugs. same ecu. i replaced EVERY sensor. I'm running an open header. How do I check the fuel pressure regulator?

if the fuel regulator is bad, it will be wet inside the vacuum hose thats hooked up to it.

After the swap was put in....did you bleed/burp the coolant system?

Quadruple check your timing belt to make sure its installed correctly.

The OBD1 B18B1 harness is fine in your car. I had the same swap with the Integra harness....just like it was in your previous EGg

Timing sit dead nuts. We had the thermastat open and all the air is out. The vacuum line going to the regulator is dry. When I get off work I'm going to put a pressure guage on the fuel filter and see where I'm at. I'm getting really pissed here.

Back