B18c in a manual ls

• Thread starter Thread starter rvtul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rvtul

Hello i just bought a manual 94 teggy ls and i found a b18c for sale i was wandering if i need to change the gearbox to fit the engine or if the gearbox works with the b18c

the ls gears are longer and won't be ideal for the b18c rpm/power range

It will bolt up, but id save up and plan on getting something else in there

Hello i just bought a manual 94 teggy ls and i found a b18c for sale i was wandering if i need to change the gearbox to fit the engine or if the gearbox works with the b18c
Hello there:)

Best of luck with your 1994 acura integra LS. The new integra GS R B18C engine is a great improvement. But it is likely that the gearbox has to be changed. The stock gearbox on the LS model is not the same as the gearbox on the GS R; which was developed to handle the higher RPM of the B18C engine. Driving and performance of the B18C may be affected while using the LS transmission.

Hello there:)

Best of luck with your 1994 acura integra LS. The new integra GS R B18C engine is a great improvement. But it is likely that the gearbox has to be changed. The stock gearbox on the LS model is not the same as the gearbox on the GS R; which was developed to handle the higher RPM of the B18C engine. Driving and performance of the B18C may be affected while using the LS transmission.
:confused: :no:

Back