Building gsr b18c head with stock bottom

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slickkrick50h9

Hello I’m currently building my gsr B18c head
I have bought
*skunk2 ultra street manifold
*skunk2 pro 2+ camshafts
*skunk2 Xp valve springs
*skunk2 titanium retainers
*blox throttle body
*550cc injectors
What else do I need make good power .?

I assume you have the basic i/h/e high-flow set up already?

What are you using to tune? 550s are pretty big for 'basic' all motor.
are you going turbo?

any port/polish work at the machine shop?

I assume you have the basic i/h/e high-flow set up already?

What are you using to tune? 550s are pretty big for 'basic' all motor.
are you going turbo?

any port/polish work at the machine shop?
Should I go smaller injectors then .?
nothing polished , my build is just all motor

If you already have them, you can use them without issue provided the tune is done properly. You'll get better tune control (and gas mileage) down low with a smaller injector but the 550s are still tame.

If you already have them, you can use them without issue provided the tune is done properly. You'll get better tune control (and gas mileage) down low with a smaller injector but the 550s are still tame.
Okay sounds good and I’m getting it professional tuned .! How much hp you think I’ll make with that set up . The engine I’m building I already had it tune made 190hp stock B18c with lsd tranny

the only real power adders are the IM and cams... the rest are just supporting. If i had to guess, 205? +15 sounds about right. maybe a bit more.

the only real power adders are the IM and cams... the rest are just supporting. If i had to guess, 205? +15 sounds about right. maybe a bit more.
Okay .! What else do I need make actually more power should I buy some high compression pistons.?

increasing compression is probably the next logical step. But, it's pricey. but, if you have the head off anyway, now's the time to do it. don't go too crazy and make sure the compression ratio you are after supports the fuel you plan to run too. after 12:1, you push 93 octane's limits... if you only have 91, that may be a bit less. Will be much up to the tune/tuner.

What other supporting mods do you have? eg, suspension, tires, clutch? you may be 'faster' by not doing the compression bump and hp gain if you focus on putting more of what you already have to the ground.

increasing compression is probably the next logical step. But, it's pricey. but, if you have the head off anyway, now's the time to do it. don't go too crazy and make sure the compression ratio you are after supports the fuel you plan to run too. after 12:1, you push 93 octane's limits... if you only have 91, that may be a bit less. Will be much up to the tune/tuner.

What other supporting mods do you have? eg, suspension, tires, clutch? you may be 'faster' by not doing the compression bump and hp gain if you focus on putting more of what you already have to the ground.

quick question I wanna buy a new head gasket but it’s gsr B18c what do I tell autozone ? What year did the gsr B18c come?

Hello I went with smaller injectors I went with 310s from rc just waiting on getting my cams degree and after that onto the dyno

Back