B18C1 -> 95 CivEX (first timer)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thr33niL

Now I think I have everthing. :wacko:

What I have:
Mechanical ability, complete obd2 B18C1 swap (wiring harness, all mounts, hacked obd1 ecu, axles and basically everything out of the integra's engine compartment... hell, I even have the a/c parts).

The one thing I dont have is the experience of doing this before. I have swapped plenty of old domestic v8's but nothing along these lines. Question I have is what should I expect? Is there anything going to jump up and bite me in the ass? One thing Im worried about is the cat lining up and mating with the stock header from the B18.

I was planning on kicking it off tomorrow but I stumbled across a thread where people were describing their swaps times and it scared me off a bit. Guys talking in terms of days and weeks is something I don't go through. I figure I could have the motor out pretty quickly (been told the best way is to pull the car off the engine). But I just dont want to hit a snag that I cant fix in my shop on Sunday (if you get me).

Still researching and actually putting new CV boots on the axles in about 5 mins. So I am almost ready but dont want to be left on foot if something unforeseen pops up.

Thanks for any help/advice.

I was plannig on taking pics and posting my progress here. Looks like I am going to give it a go this weekend. Taking the motor out to the shop tonight after I pack my CV's.

Will start pulling the motor at 7AM.

I will check back on this thread late tonight after I get a few more things prepped.

this swap is an easy swap from everything i ever hear about them, exhaust lining up im not sure, but im almost sure everything else is plug and play. :lol:

Exhaust might be a little off, nothing that can't be quick fixed with a welder. Seriously, aside from some minor wiring, if you follow the procedueres for removing a motor (doing everything in order) so you're not doing the same thing twice thrice, whatever, if nothing breaks, and you have everything, a few hours. People start running into problems when they break, or have broke parts, are unorganized, or try swaps that require a lot of mix and matching. Yours is straight forward.

Thanks guys. You put me at ease a ton!

This is a great forum. Honestly the best I have found in my research project. I went with this particular swap for the fact that everyone I have talked to says it is one of the easier swaps to do. Good to hear that from some of the "experts" round here. ;)

Alright. Will be tearing into it in bout 6 hours so I need some shut-eye. I will have my digicam out and charged to document my trials.

Thanks again and anymore bits of info you all can add will help out definately.

Extra tidbits = everything is easier to fix with the motor out, so, check the clutch make sure it has some meat left, if not, replace. Check the timing belt and the thermostat, for wear, replace as nescessary, inspect all the gaskets and seals, trust me, it's better to find out something needs changed and delay the swap, than to find out after the swap the hard way.

Extra tidbits = everything is easier to fix with the motor out, so, check the clutch make sure it has some meat left, if not, replace. Check the timing belt and the thermostat, for wear, replace as nescessary, inspect all the gaskets and seals, trust me, it's better to find out something needs changed and delay the swap, than to find out after the swap the hard way.

Taken care of. Timing belt was changed and I already took care of the axles. Clutch is in great shape.

Now I am looking more for info on the wiring needed to be done.

obd2 b18c1 into a 5th gen civic

If you get the wiring harness with the '99 GS-R swap all you need to do is drop it in, plug the engine harness in, and add wires for the VTEC solenoid, knock sensor, and VTEC pressure switch.

Not sure as of yet exactly how to add the wires for the solenoid, KS and pressure switch. But I do have my Chiltons handy so hopefully that will help out. :)

OK.. now I really have to go to bed.

Originally posted by thr33niL@May 21 2005, 09:06 AM

Not sure as of yet exactly how to add the wires for the solenoid, KS and pressure switch. But I do have my Chiltons handy so hopefully that will help out. :)

OK.. now I really have to go to bed.
[post=501937]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice and clean (your car) :), don't change a thing.

As for the wiring....you're in luck.

dude holy fuckkkk
i cannnnottt belive this shit at alllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I swear to god you took my car dude.
I even had those same enkeis when i got my car!!!
16s 6 spoke , holy fuck, im in awe dude... i can probly dig up a pic somewhere when i had the enkeis and the tails at the same time..
i have since switched, but omfg dude it's like my car's twin
(BTW those stickers came on the car, so please relax, i finally got them taken off with some heat gun help from a local forum guy!)
..15s, and new paint, and i think im done with it. :p
(your car is nice dude, i cant wait for my paint to be that bright again)
004.jpg

003.jpg

Back