b18c1 in a 00 4-door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brandtson

I've been looking everywhere, but I haven't seen many b18c1 swaps in sedans. I'm wondering if it's any harder than swapping a b18 in a coupe?

What I want to do is swap a b18c1 in a 00 4-door 5-speed lx. I'll be getting the rear tranny and driver side mount, del sol AC bracket, and the shift linkage. Is there any other parts I'd need to do this? Or any other problems I'd run into?

Thanks.

its should be the same as swapping it into a coupe.

you will need a set of mounts, rear tranny bracket, linkage, axles, intermediate shaft, trq mounts, ecu and wiring. that should be it

coupe/hatch/sedan. all the same as far as swapping goes.
you'll have to add 3 vtec wires, change the iac wiring, add a knock sensor, etc... but it's pretty easy as long as you've got the proper manuals.

Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure before I drop 3k on an engine just to find out I have to machine/modify something.

One more thing, is there anything I'd have to sacrafice (ie: power steering, power brakes, a/c, etc.)?

No, you should be able top make everything work. I'm not exactly sure on the AC and what brakets work for that exact swap, but garannteed they can be made to work.

Do yourself a favor and buy a 01+ GSR so that you keep it legal with the OBD2b system

Back