B18C1 Swap 98% Done - Three Questions (Pic Posted) - Need Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm almost finished swapping my 2000 GSR engine into my 98 LS but have a couple questions.

1. I swapped the engine, plugged in a P72 GSR ECU and the car turns over and runs no problem. The tachometer is not working. Any ideas? Anyone know where the tach gets its readings?<span style="color:Red"> Only Problem Left</span>

<span style="color:Silver">2. Is this plug vtec, knock sensor and the IAB wires (came with the 2000 GSR engine harness but have no where to plug it in on the 98 LS)? <span style="color:Red">Problem Solved</span> </span>

plug-5.jpg

If anyone can give me input, it would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks. :)

LS do not have a knock sensor I found that out when I did my LS/VTEC you will have to wire one in if you want to or do what I did and just run a Hondata and Fugazi.
I am not too sure what you are asking in the first question so I am not touching that one.

I think the tach gets it's reading from the distributor...Did you use a different obd dizzy?

Quoted post[/post]]
I think the tach gets it's reading from the distributor...Did you use a different obd dizzy?

He's right but normally it's a Blue wire on the Dizzy sometimes it can get disconnected. I'd check your tach wires and the wire out of the dizzy if it's not there that the problem is then it's probly the tach itself. Any tach should read ANY engine RPM's. Hell you could hook an integra's Tach up on a muscle car and it would work. So it's one of those two.

Back