B20z Turbo Or B20b Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ90hb

Hey, i am in search of a CRX right now and once i get it will be swapping the engine immediatly. What would be better and why? I'm wanting to hit 200-250 hp and as much tq as possible. Pros & cons of both? Let me know. Thanks. If you have any other ideas i am open to possiblities.

Sorry, wrong section.

b20z comp is good for low boost (quick spool) and the b20b is good for higher boost (slow spool)...depend on how much u want to boost choose ur engine my buddy had a b20b with 12psi and another guy had a b20z on 9psi and the dyno's were almost identical..only thing was that the b20z had a broader hp & tq cuz of the quick spool il see if i can get the dyno charts and post em

do you know what kind of intake manifolds they were using? that can make a difference along with who tuned them.

they were both rockin modified b16 manifolds,..no wait the b20z war rocking a modified CTR

I am wanting to hit 250 whp. I think i am goin Ls Turbo. It just seems to be easier to do than the b20 turbos. Also Ls engines are easier to find than b20s. Thanks for the help.

I have a B20B Vtec Turbo with 10 psi boost (Stock bottom end) and dyno'd at 301 HP at the wheels @only 7400 RPM with 218 FT LBS of torque. My car is safe to run 12 psi (Still on stock bottom end)@ 7700 RPM (I just have to change my intake manifold and I am going to do this).....I am hoping to hit at least 350 HP at the wheels with 250 FT LBS of torque. I am impressed with my results....gotta love Hondata!!

Personally, I think the B20B is a much better choice for turbo application, because of the higher boost capabilities!

Hmm well, i wouldn't be wanting the Vtec. I heard it's harder to tune a turbo vtec and around here there isn't any great tuners. So ok tuners but no one that i'd want to tune to do that. I will consider the b20b. Once my car is sold. Which should be soon. Then i will go and price engines and see what i can find. Is there anything certain i should know about the b20b turbo application? Anything i should change out? How many miles are on your engine? I will be replacing all the gaskets and prolly water pump, timing belt, thermo, but anything else besides those? Let me know please. Thanks.

Good luck with the swap.....I look forward to hearing about it here on this site. By the way, I am getting my car tuned again and hope to hit 370 HP at the front wheels next week at 13 PSI boost at 4400 Feet of elevation!!!!!

I decided to go with a B18b engine. Once i sell my car the monster will be on it's way into production. So give me 2 week or so and i should have the engine and be buying the internals i am going with. Then i get to work my ass off and then i'll buy the turbo. Then i'll work my ass off some more and buy a CRX. Maybe not in that order. Whenever i find a nice 88-91 crx i am jumping on it if the price is right.

Back