backwards wiring harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jdm h22a i got has a backwards harness aka it runs to the driver side instead of the passenger like i need. so can i run it the other way or am i screwed?

Jesus christ, for the millionth time, YOU CANNOT USE A JDM HARNESS IN A USDM CAR!!

Fucking search, for christsake!

You have to use the harness that was already in your car. Add the wires for VTEC and such if necessary.

Jesus Butt Plugging Christ!

Damn, u hit wil on a sour day. But your accord harness will work. to use the JDM harness you will have to run a LOT OF WIRES. Guys do it in the third gen, but the Accord harness is a lot easier. The F series harness is very similar so there isnt too much to alter.

The funny part would be that if he retaped the harness, and wrapped it the right way, it still wouldn't plug in at the strut tower............

It doesn't fit either way. Hell, a 95 Accord harness won't fit a 93, even with similar motors.

Always use the stock harness for the car.

Quoted post[/post]]
The funny part would be that if he retaped the harness, and wrapped it the right way, it still wouldn't plug in at the strut tower............

It doesn't fit either way. Hell, a 95 Accord harness won't fit a 93, even with similar motors.

Always use the stock harness for the car.
People only learn the hard way. Especially the ones who ask for help and when you give them an answer they say "well blah blah blah told me so and so" let them learn the hard way, that way they can teach other people properly.

The way i see it is that if I take the time to take apart that whole harness and tape it back together the least of my troubles is going to be making the wires the right length.

If theres something i'm missing such as plug fitment pls lemme know

Quoted post[/post]]
The way i see it is that if I take the time to take apart that whole harness and tape it back together the least of my troubles is going to be making the wires the right length.

If theres something i'm missing such as plug fitment pls lemme know
try it. and when you get to the part where the plugs won't plug in to the shock tower plugs. Take a picture of your facial expression for us.

Well see you didnt say that the plugs wouldnt fit before, all you said was it won't fit( and yes i now see what tab meant in that post- "it still wouldn't plug in at the strut tower............"
...i thought you all meant that the wires where too short. It is a 95 jdm h22a going into a 95 usdm prelude chassis so i will check the plugs now to see of they the same but i have a feeling i'm gonna get yelled at more for saying so. I just have a hard head sometimes sry. :shrug2:

No. Noone is yelling at you. I'm simply telling you it won't work, and you're a complete retard if you try it. It's much easier and smarter to just use your stock harness and add the wires for VTEC.

JDM harnesses will NOT work in USDM cars. Period. You can modify the shit out of them, extend every single wire and flip the harness around, but then it's going to A. look like shit, and B. probably STILL not work (because if you don't have the common sense to just use your stock harness, you probably don't have the knowledge needed to properly rewire an entire harness).

But, like I said, go ahead and try it. Be sure and let us know how it works out.

If you did do it, you would have to use your stock plugs at the strut tower, and that would be a pain to switch.

Quoted post[/post]]
hehe i know thats probably why i wont...a shitload of work for no reward. Other than to prove to civicious that it IS possible. :p

If you replace the plugs, it defeats the purpose.

You could make a wiring harness from a 1997 Geo Metro work if you did 089734598734 hours of wiring.

And you aren't going to 'prove to civicious that it IS possible.' It is not possible, ESPECIALLY not for some dumbass who wants to install a 'v-tec gauge'.

Go ahead and do it. Take pictures so we can see how shitty it looks, and post another thread asking 'Why won't my car start?'

Anything is possible buddy and yes it will work it would just take more time. And yes you probably could use a harness from a Geo if you really had too.

dude, just shut up. the fact that you are asking these questions means that you know nothing about jdm swaps and harnesses into hondas.

EDit:

fuck i just wired a car for VTEC the other day! it was THREE WIRES. why bother swapping a whole harness over adding 3 wires??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back