battery light problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys i finaly got rid of all my cels but i still have one last problem with my battery light i dont know how to fix this either i got a good battery and the Alternator if for a 92 accord and it charges good but its in my 94 honda civic ex would this cause the battery light?

It might, have you had the battery/alternator checked to make sure they are working correctly. Also are you sure you have everything plugged in like the sensor that controls the light.

Sometimes the Light comes on when you - Terminal is lose, trigh tighting it, once happend to me, then it shut off.. :)

checked every thing the terminals are nice and tight. are civic alts differnt from accord alts?

That could be, u could be over charging the Batt, :(, i dunno, but look up the specs between the Civic and Acord, im sure the acord has a bigger better alt then the civic :(

ok thats what i was thinking also, im probably gona go to a junk yard see if i cant trade for a civic alt thanks alot ill let you know what happens

Ya I went to my freinds car today, The Acord stock depending on what year puts out alot more, but He has 1 in his civic, then again he Has a sound system that drains his bat and puts alot of stress on his alt, so he needed a bigger 1 :)

yeah it was 14.7 something i for get but it was above 14

Humm... bump for anyone who has a tester + a civic with a good alt to answer this mans Q's haha ;)

96 and up Civics come with a 75 amp alternator while the accord equivalent come with an 80 amper. And the green plug on the back of it, is it pinned the same way as the Civic? But the difference in amperage would cause the ECU to believe that it's overcharging the battery, which it kinda is. I would swap it out and see, but beware of junk yard parts. it's asking for problems with that kind of part.

ok thank for your help.

96 and up Civics come with a 75 amp alternator while the accord equivalent come with an 80 amper. And the green plug on the back of it, is it pinned the same way as the Civic? But the difference in amperage would cause the ECU to believe that it's overcharging the battery, which it kinda is. I would swap it out and see, but beware of junk yard parts. it's asking for problems with that kind of part.

Back