Beater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trippnchili

Has anyone ever run a beater (daily driver) thread. I noticed people always list their "racecar" but most leave the moped hidden. Like my prelude is my fair weather car but my 86 civic si sees almost more abuse. Just curious.

for those that haven't click

There has been a few small threads here and there but alot of use still drive our nomal car around just without wheels on them for the winter (aka ugly stealies)

I looked for one this winter but i could not find any cheap cars that were driveable. I am in the detroit area and the prices on cars are pretty expensive here also i probally would not be able to keep my kick ass insurance policy.

If your talking about just every day driving (summer or winter, when ever) most of us try to keep our cars streetable. It sucks to have a 13:1 compression b20 that only takes 104 octane gas and a clutch that does burn outs ever time you let off of it. These are no fun to drive except at the track and alot of us want a car that is more than a trailor queen

My Rex is my Beater. My truck is my baby, eventhough the Rex is really growing on me. Well the truck will be modifyed soon (after the warranty is up) lift kit and super charger, so the crx makes a good beater. Its is probably getting a swap. Another reason to keep the Rex as a beater is that it is hella cheaper to drive for my 140 round trip drive to work.

I drove my 4 door on ice, snow, up to ski resorts- all on summer tires. Only recently did I buy a "beater", and that's because my 4 door found a semi-permanent bed at the car surgeon's place for a few months.

project car --- 93 Del Sol Si (soon to be home of a full ITR swap)
daily driver --- 94 MX3 GS (home to the smallest V6 ever put in a production car)

Werd to the tiny V-6 (1.8 liters ???)

my teg is both my project car and my daily driver

yup ... i couldnt believe it when i found out it was only a 1.8L 6cyl lol its a fun car though ... handles well and goes through the snow better than bills truck :)

bore and stroke = 75x70mm

94 CX = project car

95 S10 4.3l 5 speed = beater / drift machine / engine hoist transporter or usefull for moving large or large quantities of parts :D . . . but the truck lacks the 4wd option . . . even with snow tires and a bed full of snow its hard to get out of an unplowed ski resort with over 12 inches of snow in the parking lot :lol:

my hf 89 crx is both my project and my beater....but better known as the beater.....or my P.O.S. both fenders are smashed, black hood, black front bumper and rollin on 13' blacks, all from the past drivers, but it does have flowmaster exhaust because the other exhaust had a hole in it like the size of my fist......i got the car for1800.

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Mar 5 2003, 11:06 PM
95 S10 4.3l 5 speed = beater / drift machine / engine hoist transporter or usefull for moving large or large quantities of parts :D . . . but the truck lacks the 4wd option . . . even with snow tires and a bed full of snow its hard to get out of an unplowed ski resort with over 12 inches of snow in the parking lot :lol:

hmmmm i think i had something to do with all of this ;) :D
and yes pushing the truck for 30 min kinda sucked ass ("dont stop!!!! what ever you do just keep driving!!!")

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Mar 6 2003, 12:08 AM
sorry guys..but where im from>>NJ...we call em Hoopties....(hoop-tees)

im thinkin of gettin me a cheap motorcycle as my beater

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Mar 5 2003, 11:06 PM
94 CX = project car

ZR2 with 31 inch tires, a locker, in 2wd , and no weight in the bed = going no where in the snow, just doing a lot of spinning.
ZR2 with 31 inch tires, a locker, in 4wd, and weight in the bed = get your 2wd car the fuck out of my way in the snow. The thing kicks ass in 4wd.

Bill if you put about 200-300 pound in the back of your truck you shouldn't have too many problems getting around. I put 200 in the back of mine and I use 2wd most of the time.

My daily driver is a mini-van.Mazda AWD v6 0wns j00, and since I can't afford insurance on my car so I just kind of made it my project car. I am bouts to purchase some lightweight 16's this week for it.

Back