Best Combination

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnny G

I have a 95 Honda Civic DX and I have a 97 Honda CRV engine. I wan't to do a CR-VTEC swap, what would be the best head to use, Tranny ( 5 Speed ), ECU, Axles, etc...any help is appreciated, and I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but i did a search and came up with zip...

Originally posted by Johnny G@Aug 5 2005, 09:22 PM
I have a 95 Honda Civic DX and I have a 97 Honda CRV engine. I wan't to do a CR-VTEC swap, what would be the best head to use, Tranny ( 5 Speed ), ECU, Axles, etc...any help is appreciated, and I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but i did a search and came up with zip...
[post=536408]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i have a crv aka b20 motor. here the best setup. gsr tranny,with a ls obd1 ecu, and a young gsr or b16 head. i prefer gsr cuz b16s are always beat upon. thr gsr is good for street races and highway and gas. the ls tranny gears are too long and the b16 gears are to short n it tops ot to easy and waste gas on the highway.

Um, DO NOT get a ls obd1 ecu, you need something for the simple thing called vtec when doing a b20/vtec, but i would say obd1 gsr ecu or a chipped p28, or even a p30 ecu. Also i'd say GSR tranny.

Originally posted by lsvteceg95+Aug 10 2005, 12:22 AM-->
@Aug 5 2005, 09:22 PM
[post=536408]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i have a crv aka b20 motor. here the best setup. gsr tranny,with a ls obd1 ecu, and a young gsr or b16 head. i prefer gsr cuz b16s are always beat upon. thr gsr is good for street races and highway and gas. the ls tranny gears are too long and the b16 gears are to short n it tops ot to easy and waste gas on the highway.
[post=538059]Quoted post[/post]​

B16A doesn't mean it is beat up, I can find you a bunch of beat to shit GSR heads of you want. B16A transmission has enough top end for pretty much ANYWHERE in the United States, and the difference in milage between the two is maybe 2mpg.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 9 2005, 04:29 PM
Um, DO NOT get a ls obd1 ecu, you need something for the simple thing called vtec when doing a b20/vtec, but i would say obd1 gsr ecu or a chipped p28, or even a p30 ecu. Also i'd say GSR tranny.
[post=538061]Quoted post[/post]​

You definitely want to run a P72 ecu it is from a GSR you want this one because you want the secondary butterflies for your VTEC to engage. I would then get a GSR tranny and a GSR head but that's just my .02 :p

yeah but if you have IAB's you want them to open right? its better then having them sit there and do nothing

Back