best engine for 1/4 mile drag race

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ehsan

Hi all, first of all sorry for my bad English ,
I'm going to swap an engine for 1/4 mile drag race in 4-cylinder N/A class,
I need an engine to finish 1/4 mile in less than 14 seconds,
here is my choices :
- B18C Type-R JDM (in honda civic with B20 head and individual throttle bodies)
- F20C JDM (in honda civic)
- MI16 (in peugeot 205 and a lot of aftermarket parts for engine)
- K20 ? H22 ? 4G63 ? 4AGE ?

as you know, for a quarter mile we need more horsepower than torque, so I prefer to use an engine with 1800cc displacement and increase the compression ratio rather than use the Stroker kit or to use an 2000cc engine (for example).
my budget is about 6000$ (just for engine swap, not totally) , is it possbile ?
I wait for your answrs, thanks :)

if i was looking to go fast for a short distance in a 4 cyl honda i'd put a k series in the lightest chassis i could find

$6,000 invested in an NA honda drag race car is dumb.

Spend $10,000 on a bone stock S2000 and go faster than a small car for more money.

if i was looking to go fast for a short distance in a 4 cyl honda i'd put a k series in the lightest chassis i could find
thanks a lot buddy :)

$6,000 invested in an NA honda drag race car is dumb.
Spend $10,000 on a bone stock S2000 and go faster than a small car for more money.
thank you, but as you know the S2000 has more torque and it's not a good idea for quarter mile drag race.

:huh:o_O:shades::shades::hmm:

Lol heres another hopes/dreams thead, come back when you at least have a chassis
you wouldn't say that if you knew me buddy :)
I have local rank in drag race here, and there is no problem with chassis, I already have one and I will change that because of new project.

A - enlighten us , B what chassis are you running C N/A is most expensive way to go slow
as I said before, there is no problem with chassis, I have enough money to buy it, and the budget that goes to engine swap will be about 6000$
I'm thinking about these chassis : Peugeot 205 - Civic (EG6) - Toyota Corolla Hatchback E90 (XL/SE) - Volkswagen Golf MK2 - Volkswagen Gol ! (G2/G3/G4)

as I said before, there is no problem with chassis, I have enough money to buy it, and the budget that goes to engine swap will be about 6000$
I'm thinking about these chassis : Peugeot 205 - Civic (EG6) - Toyota Corolla Hatchback E90 (XL/SE) - Volkswagen Golf MK2 - Volkswagen Gol ! (G2/G3/G4)

Assuming you're not trolling us (is that still a thing on forums? lol), then just get the lightest body that will accommodate the engine that you want. How knowledgeable is your race league in regards to looking at engines? Can they tell if it is swapped, hybrid, etc.?

Like E mentioned, a civic hatch with a K swap will do some serious damage on the track.

If you can find a half finished project that has the body and engine ready to go, you're off to a great start.

This guy wants $8,500 for his, but it's running, has a 5-lug conversion and roll cage. Body is legit. Pretty much a perfect EG series for someone looking to buy one. But its' a sample of what a good build would look like.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?s=c867098d1739f591c90bda7054184a2b&t=219489

Assuming you're not trolling us (is that still a thing on forums? lol), then just get the lightest body that will accommodate the engine that you want. How knowledgeable is your race league in regards to looking at engines? Can they tell if it is swapped, hybrid, etc.?

Like E mentioned, a civic hatch with a K swap will do some serious damage on the track.

If you can find a half finished project that has the body and engine ready to go, you're off to a great start.

This guy wants $8,500 for his, but it's running, has a 5-lug conversion and roll cage. Body is legit. Pretty much a perfect EG series for someone looking to buy one. But its' a sample of what a good build would look like.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?s=c867098d1739f591c90bda7054184a2b&t=219489
yes that will be a good idea :) thanks man ...

The question more is whats availible there and what can you readily get your hands on and parts for ? Again if you are a "ranked" drag racer locally we arent reinventing the wheel , my vote is bseries and like a base as hello ef/eg hatch , also there are many different classes soo that matters also what you plan on running in and what can be used/done

The question more is whats availible there and what can you readily get your hands on and parts for ? Again if you are a "ranked" drag racer locally we arent reinventing the wheel , my vote is bseries and like a base as hello ef/eg hatch , also there are many different classes soo that matters also what you plan on running in and what can be used/done
hello and thanks for your attention,
there is no problem with buying and accessing to engines or parts,
yes the B series with EG(6) is so perfect, but the main question is which of those choises is better ?
let me say short ... B or K or Mi16 ? :D
I want to finish 1/4 mile in less than 14 seconds,
and as I said before my budget is about 6000$ (just for engine swap, not totally)
the best 1/4 drag race time in 4C NA class of here is about 13.8 seconds , so that's not so hard to break it! :hmm:

Wait what youre a "known" drag racer there and your goal is 13s ? Go buy a late model v6 toyota camry... im done with this conversation lol yes buy a baseeee model civic and throw a gsr/type r swap in it, with bolt ons and driver mods youre in 13s , and all under 6k

Back