best fluid for d15b tans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spiritofjosh

know your role!
I'm getting ready to put a d15b motor and trans in my eg hatch and obviously all the oil from the trans was drained. I want to know what the best fluid is for the trans, some people have told me to get the oil directly from Honda which I assume is probably pricey and somebody else told me some gear oil. I'm just looking for opinions for this trans since it is a little old and I have no idea how it drives yet. Also how many qts do I need to get for the trans. Thanks

Honda MTF. It's about $5-6 a quart...cheaper than Pennzoil Synchromesh/GM and works better.

Honda MTF. It's about $5-6 a quart...cheaper than Pennzoil Synchromesh/GM and works better.

Checked with my local honda dealer it was about 8 bucks a quart..maybe the dealer near you was cheaper.

What was the name of the dealer? I've bought fluid from both Crown and Leith, Crown was a little cheaper at $5.xx and Leith was like $6.xx

Anyways, at $8 a quart, it's like a buck cheaper or the same as Pennzoil Synchromesh.

Last edited:
honda mtf and the thing only holds 2 quarts. So its gona cost what $15 tops to change it. How cheep can people get

honda mtf and the thing only holds 2 quarts. So its gona cost what $15 tops to change it. How cheep can people get

Even if honda mtf was 15 a quart I'd still buy it, better then going with something cheap and running into more problems down the road.

Back