Best Motor For All-motor Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 10 2003, 12:16 AM
but for 5g's, a vtec/t setup is pretty hard to do

No it's not... why? I've seen it everywhere... was planning on it for myself, while retaining AC and PS, but I just don't want to spend that much money on the Civic, plus turbo wouldn't be good for me on the road race side of things. It's not hard to do.

with 5 grand what would i do???

hmmmmmmmm, i say go with the b20 VTEC.... im an all motor freak so of course im slightly biased... but with 5 grand in a CRX..... you would definitely be smoking a lot of people hehe B)

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 10 2003, 02:09 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 10 2003, 12:16 AM
but for 5g's, a vtec/t setup is pretty hard to do

No it's not... why? I've seen it everywhere... was planning on it for myself, while retaining AC and PS, but I just don't want to spend that much money on the Civic, plus turbo wouldn't be good for me on the road race side of things. It's not hard to do.

i'm pretty sure he's talkin' 'bout goin' vtec/t from baiscly scratch (besides the car), as in buying the motor and the turbo kit... not starting with a vtec engine and then adding turbo for 5g's.

i never said a vtec turbo couldnt post good times. i have a friend with a turbo C1 that runs mid 11's. im saying for $$$ and power id rather go with a b18a1 than a B18c1 or a b16a1. it was sarcasm, a h22a turbo would easily rock a b18a turbo, but by the way of price and easy of installation, i am all for the b18a1 turbo. its also one of the best performers u can get for 4,000-5,000

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 10 2003, 03:02 AM
i'm pretty sure he's talkin' 'bout goin' vtec/t from baiscly scratch (besides the car), as in buying the motor and the turbo kit... not starting with a vtec engine and then adding turbo for 5g's.

Whoops... was tired and brain tooted a little bit. Yeah, VTEC/T for $5k is a little difficult. :lol:

When did i make a quote and put a smiley face behind it? Hmmm..... I don't see my name anywhere with a quote and a smiley face after it. And I don't remember making any stupid comments about how a non-vtec/T is better. I ASKED YOU GUYS WHAT IS BETTER. Nevermind. I appreciate the help i have already received.

Back