Best Turbo kit for b18b?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrainFood

I am looking for a reliable turbo kit for a b18b in an eg hatch, I want to run low 13's high 12's street trim but keep the lag down because it is a daily driver, I want a kit that includes header, turbo, piping, intercooler. I will be running a hondata ecu so I will take care of fueling by other means than what the kit supplies so a kit with money wasted on secondary injectors or raising rate fuel pressure solenoids is just that a waste of money :) thx!

Hey i am a nOOb in here but i recommend greddy or make your own kit, thats prob what i do is make my own kit, be sure too check it all like XS engineering, Fmax, Greddy, DRAG, HKS, Turbonetics, Garret! Those are just some of them keep checking you dont want to get a turbo kit you dont like or want to get i highly recommend Greddy or making your own kit!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LS motor owns you, Turbo it then it owns all!
Get a Honda or die by Honda!

97 Del Sol si
Ls motor.... soon to be a Domestic eating machine
Fully gutted :blink:

greddy? nice quality but doesnt even come with intercooler....now that just doesnt make sence, ask pissedoffsol about kyle at ks motorsports, he can get u a high quality kit for around 2750$, but the piping will need to be cut in sum places.

Originally posted by Integra1990@Dec 31 2002, 12:38 PM
greddy? nice quality but doesnt even come with intercooler....now that just doesnt make sence, ask pissedoffsol about kyle at ks motorsports, he can get u a high quality kit for around 2750$, but the piping will need to be cut in sum places.

I thought all GReddy kit's came with piping and intercooler?

I may be wrong, but I thought they did.

And in my own opinion, a fairly standard turbo is the T3/T4 hybrid, while B would say get the T3/60-1.
And with him being more than likely the most knowledgeable person on this site, I would trust his opinion (not to mention he will be using that, so it's not just a suggestion.)

Search these forums for 60-1 and there's a few threads (one I started included) which discuss turboing the LS, and what turbo is recommended.

What about the rev hard stage 1 or 2? I was thinking the stage 2 since I def. want an intercooled kit? anyone have experience with this kit I think it will put out plenty of power for my goals but I was wondering what lag would be like, a t3/60 I could get with the ball bearing center section option but I dont know anyone that sells a kit with optional turbos or someone who sells a kit that will fit a t3 without a turbo.
thx

anyone have pics of the drag kit installed on a b18b? how is the fit and finish of the kit? also there was a web site I saw that sold frankenstien kits where you could mix and match different components from different kits

Originally posted by Hexen@Dec 31 2002, 12:49 PM

I thought all GReddy kit's came with piping and intercooler?

I may be wrong, but I thought they did.

And in my own opinion, a fairly standard turbo is the T3/T4 hybrid, while B would say get the T3/60-1.
And with him being more than likely the most knowledgeable person on this site, I would trust his opinion (not to mention he will be using that, so it's not just a suggestion.)

Search these forums for 60-1 and there's a few threads (one I started included) which discuss turboing the LS, and what turbo is recommended.

Nah, greddys kits dont come with an intercooler or bov. They do come with a piping though.

I'd also recommend a t3/60-1, you can get them with ball bearing center sections. After doing tons of research on whether to get a t3/60-1 or a t4/t04e, i decided to go with the 60-1. A lot of people on honda tech have direct experience with both turbos, many of them decided to upgrade from the t04e to the 60-1. They say it pulls a lot harder than the t3/t04e and if boost came on any sooner then traction would be a serious issue.

drag kits suck and are over priced.

ks-motorsports.com

and do not ever EVER run a deltagate wastegate so help you god. Standard equip on 98% of the gay kits out there.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 21 2003, 02:11 AM

ks-motorsports.com

Checked out that site. I like the Dell-like make your own kit setup...but for around 2800 shipped instead of 3400+ on the site, I don't think Drag is a bad deal. They both had the T3/T4 anyway...have you had bad experiences with them. I was thinking about running one beacause of the price and that it came with everything.

Originally posted by cws13+Jan 22 2003, 08:28 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 21 2003, 02:11 AM

ks-motorsports.com

Checked out that site. I like the Dell-like make your own kit setup...but for around 2800 shipped instead of 3400+ on the site, I don't think Drag is a bad deal. They both had the T3/T4 anyway...have you had bad experiences with them. I was thinking about running one beacause of the price and that it came with everything.

You get what you pay for. I'm with B, go with a custom kit, with better parts and hondata from ks-motorsport. I will be using the t3/60-1 in my project later on.

Again, dont use a Delta wastegate. #2 reason why turbo motors blow. They DO produce boost spikes.

F-max turbo kits i have run a couple and have one on my 92 hatch i swaped in the b18b and use it as a daily driver..i have the basics pullys total seal and racing med exhaust full cat back running stock trim and 00 si wheels... i havent taken it to the track yet but i plan to...

if you are goin with a do it urself kit, look into the sr20 turbos, especially the s14 or s15, they come ball bearing and can handle decent boost, probly more than u should feed ur honda

Back