Black Friday......2005....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well my gf and her family went out at 4am and didnt come back until 12pm and got nothing but clothes. I wanted to scoop out the local geek stores, but Im too lazy and I drove by. No way in hell am I going to wait in the rain for anything, unless its an Xbox 360 for ebay :p .

Anyway, I heard Circuit City was selling a laptop for 200 bucks! I wouldve jumped on that if I knew, but I don't know if requires that bullshit 1 year of AOL contract. But that was about all I was interested in. Anyone got anything nice or for a good deal? Might persuade me to go out next year?

Well if AOL is 20 bucks and it was a good laptop. I probably would have bought it. $428 for it and sell it for double on ebay after a couple months.

But there is a thread on this and all I got was a completely useless bolt extractor that didn't work. I wasn't looking for deals, just some tools to finish fixing the Audi

my bad reading owns me. i just glanced through it and saw a whole of bunch of tools so i thought it was a tool thread.

anyway, wow no one got anything besides tools? and this forum is filled with techno geeks.

Decided I wanted a laptop. Something I can put some music, a game or two and work files on. Like phone system manuals (I'm a digital telephone technician). I can also use it to program the phone systems through HyperTerminal as well (neat setup.)

I got pretty much the basic package, but I can upgrade it by myself if need be with more ram and harddrive space. (I'm only using 23 gig of my 200gig on my desktop, so I doubt I'll need more storage anytime soon)

Anyway on with the specs;

Inspiron 2200 Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1.40 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
LCD Panel 15.0in XGA Display
Memory 512MB Shared DDR SDRAM, 2 DIMMS
Hard Drive 40GB 5400rpm Ultra ATA Hard Drive
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition WHXP
Network Card Integrated Network Card
Modem Internal 56K Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive 24COMBO
Wireless Networking Card FREE! Dell 1370 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch by Yahoo!â„¢ Music- Entry level with 90 days of On Demand
Primary Battery 8-Cell NiMH Primary Battery (43 WHr)

This isn't in any comparison to my desktop; 2.66ghz, 200gb harddrive, 1gig of ram, 17inch monitor, etc. But it'll suit my needs quite well for what I wanna use it for. I'd like to be able to rip out that 56k modem and sell it then start to personalize it without paying the finance charges on upgrades.

The price was cut from 900 to start with, and then it was 627 after the instant 150 rebate, plus they're sending me another 100 dollar rebate with the laptop. Figured why not, it'll come in handy when I have to program a WIN system. :)

It wasn't exactly a normal black friday sale but I was checking out all the stores on friday and went to this one really nice shops where there prices are super expensive. Anyways, I went to the sale section and I see a track jacket that looks ok. Look at the orginal price, 105.00. New price, 26. Nice $79.00 off. The really funny thing is it's made in portagle and the zipper is on the oppossite side of the shirt that your used to (Its Left hand drive)

Quoted post[/post]]
technically...I stole it from my grandfather. :p

Snap-on/Matco just isn't worth the money for me to own. Use, sure, but I don't think I'd actually purchase any of their stuff

Fun fact: Intercrew breaks more Snap-On tools than they do Craftsman tools. No joke.

I was hoping to get the Ridgid 5hp 12 gallon wet/dry vac from Home Depot for $24.95, but they were all gone. I guess staying home to watch the Horns beat up on A&M was worth missing out on a few deals. :)

Snap on is some good tools, but they go WAY OUT OF LINE with their prices. I mean even their cabinets... 2 drawer boxes on wheels cost $300. That's horrendous.

The LED shoplight from both Sears and Snap-On. Look the same? You bet. Both are ridiculously overpriced.

True. But if a snap on breaks you have to find that same snap on rep when he's not at your site. It's a complete bitch. Trust me.

I just use Husky or Craftsman now.

:werd:

The conveniece is nice, but usually not worth it- especially if you have a parts runner or spares already.

By the way, this is all that I bought on Black Friday, and it wasn't even a sale item:

ULTRA-PLUG2.jpg

Yes, it's going into the car... just guess where. :p

Ultra Plug
We are the #1 provider of high performance connectors in the R/C market place. The Ultra Plugâ„¢ has held the number one position since its inception, and is still the smallest, lightest, and most efficient high-power connector available.

:werd:

Itty bitty... maybe half a centimeter wide.

Searching through the Black Friday aftermath deals, I'm not sure I want to buy anything today either.

Do you mean thats going in your R/C? Or your real car?

Audio connections... the tweeters are mounted in the door panels, not in the door itself- so I needed a quick disconnect that wasn't the crappy factory plastic connector with super skinny wire going in and out of it. There's not much point in running all nice new wire if you're going to feed it through a connector that looks like foil.

Quoted post[/post]]
It wasn't exactly a normal black friday sale but I was checking out all the stores on friday and went to this one really nice shops where there prices are super expensive. Anyways, I went to the sale section and I see a track jacket that looks ok. Look at the orginal price, 105.00. New price, 26. Nice $79.00 off. The really funny thing is it's made in portagle and the zipper is on the oppossite side of the shirt that your used to (Its Left hand drive)

so um, youre rocking a girls shirt now?

Husky's return policy is awesome. You call them, Call Stanley.

Stanley asks you for the model number of the tool, and they send you a new one. No questions asked, no equipment returned.

Its a girls jacket man. Thats the way it is, JDM or no. Chick jackets have the "flap" the other way. I know the story behind it, but its pretty mundane. Has to do with swords.

Anyway, I use craftsman hand tools for everything. Their ratchets suck ass though. other than that, everything else is great.

I use dewalt power tools. Haven't had any problems yet. Best cordless drills on planet earth, I'm convinced. Now all of my power tools are dewalt, save for my circular saw, its craftsman..

Back