Bob Vila Strikes again *UPDATED PAGE 2*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I find this funny... My buddy has been remodeling his kitchen for.... 4-5 months now? And has gotten almost as far as you have in 3 days... LOL...

Lookin good. Didn't think i'd like the color at first, but the tile is bringing it out nicely.

I like lots of bold color, that looks great.

The tile is also a nice choice. Classy, not too bold, in case of future color change.

:thumbsup:

day 4 (last night)

Basically finished up the tiling inthe kitchen, also sanded the bathroom walls and put down the subfloor in there.

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01108.JPG

DSC01109.JPG

DSC01110.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01112.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

Sorry for the delay, I missplaced the camera's USB cord.

Day 5 & 6

Floor just grouted;

DSC01117.JPG

DSC01119.JPG

Bathroom tiled:

DSC01118.JPG

New Appliances;
DSC01120.JPG

Masterful tile cutting skillz:
DSC01121.JPG

Appliances in: The fridge is fucking huge, good thing these are coming with us when we buy a house!
DSC01123.JPG

DSC01124.JPG

Bathroom painted and awaiting the crapper installation:
DSC01125.JPG

What's left:
Either new cabinets or painting these.
New light fixtures
bathroom vanity/mirror/light/toilet installation
Base and Crown molding throughout the kitchen/bathroom
Build plate rack above new above range microwave (not installed yet)
relax. ;)

Why? I do this on the side. We saved well over 2grand just on the floor alone. Plus I am going to use this for my portfolio once I get my renovators license.

That makes sense. I just abhor manual labor and have little patience. It's looking great though, excellent for a reference.

Originally posted by Bob Vila@Jul 11 2005, 09:14 PM

Build plate rack above new above range microwave (not installed yet)
relax. ;)
[post=524409]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay... Any advice/tips/instructions for a plate rack? I want to build one above my sink... But have NO IDEA where to start...

Bathroom almost complete!!!
DSC01128.JPG

DSC01129.JPG

DSC01130.JPG

DSC01131.JPG

DSC01134.JPG

Edit: more pics:

DSC01135.JPG

DSC01136.JPG

DSC01137.JPG

Came out great as far as I'm concerned?!?!!?!

*Updated*

Just wanted to share some updated pics.
New cabinets, light fixtures, counter tops, soffit painted

We bought the "Wine" pictures when we were up at the cape over the weekend. All's that is left is to finish some trim work around the top of the cabinets, new electrical plugs and switches (white), crown molding, and trim paint as well as finish the wine rack to go above the refridgerator. Then on to the living room floor (Pergo).

Look on page one for the initial pics on how the kitchen looked.

Let me know what you think...

DSC01664.JPG

DSC01665.JPG

DSC01666.JPG

DSC01667.JPG

DSC01691.JPG

DSC01692.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

I'm in the process of building a wine rack to go in the space that is just a cabinet box right now. Both this box and the box above the microwave I built by hand. :)

DSC01694.JPG

Good job man. I love the white cabinets with the stainless, and the salmon color really accents the room and gives some great warmth.

My mom has some awesome wine pictures, and best part is I get them all when I move out.

One suggestion I'd have it, is throw some white crown molding, or a thin shoe molding at the top. Something with a corner, and it really help break up the cealing and it would help cover where you messed up with the paint and tape. Also you could look into a premade wire wine rack and just trim it to fit, as my father has one that would probably fit in one of the cabinet you have. It'd save some time.

:thumbsup: Overall, I really like the set up, and the bathroom as well.

ps. Im a lowe's vet. :)

Edit: I just read that again. You already said you're going to do crown molding. Doh. Great minds think alike.

awesome yO! I work at lowes also lol and have done a tile floor in my old house and drywall at one of my past jobs. And you make it look easy :) Definatly a great job and good luck with the crown molding. I tried a handheld coping saw and i dont have the nerves for it.

Hell yea! looks good, I can't wait to have a home of my own to tinker with.

Back