Bob Vila Strikes again *UPDATED PAGE 2*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not sure how many bathrooms you have but if that was my kitchen I would have ripped out the wall between the kitchen and bathroom and make the kitchen larger. Your kitchen looks really nice but damn it looks the same size if not smaller then my 1 bedroom apartment....

Its a condo, its not supposed to be super big. We're only here for another year and a half and then we are going to be building after our wedding. The condo is 1 1/2 baths, therefore, making the kitchen larger was not an option. Also, the pictures make the place look small, our condo is actually 1300 sq. ft. so its decent size (2 bed).

Also, the wall where the bathroom is will be painted the same color. As it is now that wall goes into our living room and we want an accent wall.

With all the renovations this place has had we are already seeing 12k in equity from a 4k investment. :) We hope to sell the place in a year and a half for 170k if not more...

Quoted post[/post]]
Those lamps that look like towels in the bathroom are neat. :thumbsup:

Thanks, damn things were 200 bucks so they better look good :) They're coming with us when we move.

Quoted post[/post]]
Good job man. I love the white cabinets with the stainless, and the salmon color really accents the room and gives some great warmth.

My mom has some awesome wine pictures, and best part is I get them all when I move out.

One suggestion I'd have it, is throw some white crown molding, or a thin shoe molding at the top. Something with a corner, and it really help break up the cealing and it would help cover where you messed up with the paint and tape. Also you could look into a premade wire wine rack and just trim it to fit, as my father has one that would probably fit in one of the cabinet you have. It'd save some time.

:thumbsup: Overall, I really like the set up, and the bathroom as well.

ps. Im a lowe's vet. :)

Edit: I just read that again. You already said you're going to do crown molding. Doh. Great minds think alike.

Yup, the crown molding goes up next week (vacation). The wine rack is almost done, its just a simple rack cut diagnal, just going to layer the bottles of wine like you see in restuarants.

Quoted post[/post]]
awesome yO! I work at lowes also lol and have done a tile floor in my old house and drywall at one of my past jobs. And you make it look easy :) Definatly a great job and good luck with the crown molding. I tried a handheld coping saw and i dont have the nerves for it.

Yeah, crown molding can be tricky, at least inside corners are. Outside corners are the easiest. A few good tries and you should be all set with coping though, it takes a steady hand and some scrap pieces of material to get the technique down. That goes for all copes though :)

good god man, EXCELLENT work, awesome combinations...

so who does the "decorating", you have the imaginativ eye or is it the old lady?
whoever did it should seriously consider it as a profession...
that looks great

It was a team effort between myself and Robyne. We always do everything as a team and this was no exception. Everything was mutual and I think the end result speaks for itself :)

*Pats self on the back for a job well done* haha.

:thumbsup:

looks real nice.

once i'm settled in and stop moving stuff that scratches up the walls, i'm probably going to re-do my place as well... prob in the summer...

:thumbsup: I honestly respect it so much more knowing that you both put an equal amount of effort in and it wasn't one way or the other. Well done!

I can't wait to buy a house and start "modifying" it. lol.

i love to cook and i would love to work in a kitchen like that. good appliances with a work triangle that is actually "workable". my kitchen in this house at school blows.

Living Room:

Started yesterday morning, worked for about 8 hours, worked for about 6 hours on it today...

What's done so far:

Traffic Master Laminate Flooring - Alpine Oak. 25 yr. warranty, won't scratch or dent or fade :)
Painted the living room one shade darker than it previously was and added an "Accent Wall" from the kitchen into the living room...

Yesterday:
DSC01731.JPG

DSC01732.JPG

DSC01732.JPG

Today:
Second Coat of Paint (Potter's Clay)
DSC01734.JPG

DSC01735.JPG

The green in the hallway is going bye bye

Into the closet as well...
DSC01736.JPG

Looking towards the front door...I can't wait till that blue carpet is out of here....
DSC01737.JPG

Got a little creative with the stair nose and the existing bullnose stair tread that was put in place from the O.G. Builder. Plus my buddy was there helping me each and every plank...

DSC01738.JPG

Accent wall into the kitchen (same color as the kitchen)
DSC01739.JPG

So I'm 14 hours into the living room remodel, all's that is left is trim, trim paint.

Tomorrow we are getting our new living room set and cocktail and end tables. The tables match our Armoire...black :) Pics to come when they deliver...

I'm tired and my knees are so red they look like I've been mimicking a two dollar whore from the street corner...

:) Its coming out great so far IMHO!

I love it. And you know you have style when you have antiqued black table sets, etc. :thumbsup:

One of these days I'll post of some pics of my mom's random awesome tables that will be all mine when I move out.

Wow.... speechless... just.... wow.

That's AMAZING. I couldn't imagine ever doing anything like that.

Back