Boosting my ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fatk22

hey guys i got a 1994 civic ex 2dr i just did the ls swap in it 2 weeks ago and now im looking to turbo it. I want to keep the stock head for now build up the ls head and block i dont want to vtec it!! i will do that later on whats everyone suggestions the hp range i want to be in is 350-400 is that capable with just the ls head? And to all the dicks on the forum yes i know im a noob i am aware and thats why im asking for help so save your gay ass jokes i dont care to hear them.

350 is a very difficult, and expensive, amount of power to achieve if you are trying to stay N/A. Are you planning to boost this motor once you finish building it? Boost will get you closer to your desired numbers for significantly less money.

ya im gonna boost it i just want to know what i need need to do to get in the 12s i plan on port and polishing the head and put a valve train in it and cams and im not sure what turbo im gonna use im pretty new to this i just got the car a month ago i went from a diesel truck to this so a big difference lol

250-275 whp and excellent traction with decent driving will get you into the 12's.

That can be done fairly easily. Pistons, rods, ARP head studs and a gasket will hold 275whp VERY comfortably provided the tune is decent.

cool thanks matt do you have any suggestoins for pistons and rods? im thinks of going with crower cams and valvetrain are those good i havent really heard of anything from them

so heres what i planning on doing exospeed stage2 cams isky race valvetrain eagel rods xospeed 9:1 pistons new 84mm head gasket arp head studs port and plished head and skunk2 intake and skunk2 2.5inch exhaust turbo kit (noy sure on that yet) and thats about it any other suggestions?

My suggestion is to go with CP pistons. CP uses a different composition in their piston that keeps it from expanding as much as even JE's. Also, pick up a set of tested and true Eagle rods. ARP hardware, and you should be good to go.

Back