Bought a car, again.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Found a fairly cheap new car with all the trimmings at work. It was was 3k off because the dealer is too cheap to fix a rim, employee discounts gave me another 1700 off.

2015 200S 127000 miles, 3.6l v6, with the paddle shifters, fwd, 4 door.

Only problem I saw with it was the previous owner curbed the rim and cracked it at the bead. I can get a new one for half the cost, plus employee pricing on maintenance and oil changes.

Yes i'm aware they lose value badly, but it seemed like a good deal for someone who hangs on to cars for a long time.

Attachments

• 20201214_202426.jpg
    20201214_202426.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 20201214_230003.jpg
    20201214_230003.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 151
Looks like a nice ride, hopefully you get lots of years out of it.
What did it end up setting you back after all the discounts?
Are you working at a car dealership now?

Looks like a nice ride, hopefully you get lots of years out of it.
What did it end up setting you back after all the discounts?
Are you working at a car dealership now?
All told it was a little over $7000. And yup, I'm at a Dodge parts counter now. Fairly easy consistent work, although we seem to be the most expensive dealer in the state and we lose a ton of sales for the most important items like ECUs and controllers because of it. Salary and commission based, but it's weekly pay which helps, along with the little lady in management training at a local restaurant also getting a weekly check we needed two reliable cars.

Hopefully it works out, I’ve seen two friends with these die before 150k lol good body just gave up the ghost.
Both convertibles.

My wife had a 2015 with the 2.4 and the 9 speed transmission. Decent looking car and nice interior. Biggest pile of shit powertrain I've ever had the displeasure of driving.

The 3.6 and 8 speed are pretty bulletproof. Would imagine you should be able to drive it problem free for quite awhile. And you can change the oil filter without crawling under the car.

My wife had a 2015 with the 2.4 and the 9 speed transmission. Decent looking car and nice interior. Biggest pile of shit powertrain I've ever had the displeasure of driving.

The 3.6 and 8 speed are pretty bulletproof. Would imagine you should be able to drive it problem free for quite awhile. And you can change the oil filter without crawling under the car.
I've read the reviews on that 9 speed. VIN shows it does have it. Until I get the rim replaced it's not highway ready but I haven't had any issues shifting as of yet. Even so, I got the warranty on it.

Back