Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well this was the quickest $45 I've wasted...well its not wasted yet. I'm going to try and JB Weld it.

100_3053.jpg

JB weld on an intake mani? Really? You're never going to get that thing to seat properly if it's JB welded. Hate to say it, but I think you're kinda SOL.

I have the same issue; I was un-bolting my studs to my TB and cleaned the surface for a better mating surface and went to torque the stud to 20ft/lbs and it snapped, stupid me!. I got thinking of using the strongest loc-tite and clamping it down to the IM. That or just use the remaining 3bolts/studs.

My dad talked to his machining buddy and he said this stuff is better than JB Weld but it looks the same.

The thing with JB Welding it is it will always be in the back of you head...shit I hit 7000 RPM I wonder if i cracked it or shit its like 90 degrees out...

100_3057.jpg

Ahhhhhh...I'm so tired of this shit. So I got it back on, had an intense surging idle. I took of the PVC and blcoked it off well and that cut it in half. Then I adjusted the idle screw and it went down even more. Then my dad sprayed with the garden hose around the injectors and it went down to straight 800 RPM idle.

But when I was bleeding the coolant the nipple thing broke off and I got boiling water shot on my forehead and my right eye. It mighted be scared for life. Right now I'm typeing this with my right hand holding a ice pack on my forehead.

I think my car hates me, it won't be happy until I install a K20.

Hope your eye is ok ;x.

K20 yes please. I'm in like the same situation. In my DD the rad fan doesn't work (I know it's the temp switch I'm just gona jump it), and it needed a new thermostat. I took the old one out and didn't put the new one in so it stays cool. Yadda, Yadda, I love burning my hands :ph34r:. Now it has the idle surge. I'm gona have to drain it a bit again and clean it :(.

Yea...I'm actually a bit depressed right now. I've spent $75 on this thing so far and I have a bad ide, a cracked...no broken intake manifold and a possibly scared face.:angry:

And I thought MY cars didn't want to be worked on!!! Better call an ambulance in advance next time ;)

In all seriousness, I hope your car gets with the program and stops trying to kill you.

I smacked my bitch up and she is better now. I put a new (used) upper rad hose adapter thingy on, bled the coolant for like the 4th time and adjusted the idle screw. She is happy now.

My dad and I took it around the block and he said defentially more power. So I guess I'm looking around for a bare Y8 manifold without the TB or anything.

Back