Brad's ~EPIC~ EF Hatchy DD Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What are the plans for the body?

Cool little non-vtec mini-me. I know a guy with a crx with the same set but he blew the Si trans and it rolling the 4spd now.....ouch.

The hood is lifted on the back b/c.........?

Man that thing is rough! If youre able to turn it around it it could possible be worthy of "epic." It's cool that you found one the same color as the CRX.

Oh, and to be called a "mini-me" it has to be VTEC head swapped. Some people confuse that. Haha

:shrug2: Frankenstein none the less......never heard a name for it so we called it a non-vtec mini-me.

My comment didn't express that I was butt hurt....just expressed that the semantics were something I have never heard of before.

What are the plans for the body?

Cool little non-vtec mini-me. I know a guy with a crx with the same set but he blew the Si trans and it rolling the 4spd now.....ouch.

The hood is lifted on the back b/c.........?
I just want cheap transportation for now but I might learn bodywork on this car then restore the CRX. No reason for hood pop lol.
Man that thing is rough! If youre able to turn it around it it could possible be worthy of "epic." It's cool that you found one the same color as the CRX.
Yeah its beat. I like hatches so I'm sorta interested keeping it and fixing it later on. Theres so much room in this thing, and I love how the rear windows pop I get automatic A/C. And wth! The hatch is green and the CRX is blue! :roll:

I figure it would be better to at least expose those rust areas and coat them with some rust stopping primer or something. You are in Canada so I can imagine winter making things worse. Get creative and tape the sections off with some flames or something lol

Haha no flames! I want to just let the rust be.

My dad and I are prepping the supposedly rebuilt D16A6 that came out of my CRX to go in the hatch. I'm tossing in a new spare clutch while I'm at it (this one slips on hard shifting). The whole bay will be cleaned during the swappage.

So today I bought another part...$12 cam seal to complete the swap. :D

So whos going to be the asshole that points out him having misspelled accurate?
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_40353.jpg

I'll do it - something I'm qualified for.

Hey Brad WTF's up with your spelling of accurate? It's not acurate, it's accurate!

:ufucktard:

Tell OGM not to flame me. :cool:

Fix this one up for a good DD - then, if/when you get the CRX back in fighting order, you can sell this one and make a few $ on it or at least break even so you'll be driving it for free. (less gas, insurance and maintenance of course) Or, keep it for a backup car so when you break the CRX you have something to drive.

Keep if off the redline meathead - and don't push it too hard in the corners.......

You guys are still buggin over a little mistake. :bs:

I'd like to have this car around for a while. It's perfect for winter driving here (rain mostly) and bombing up to the ski hill. Who am I kidding. Civics are great for everything.

After I get this unit working order it will just pay its self off the more I drive it. But the CRX will always be the main project.

And 'cmon man! Hondas love high revvs and hard corners!

I'm getting started on the motor build up.

Here we have my freshly "mystery" built D16A6 and a D-series Type R intake manifold yo. It ran my Mini-Me for a while. It was not fast. Again Matts CRX with bolt-ons was faster. When I got my CRX there were some things that were not sound which makes me think the motor rebuilt was done poorly. The cylinder hone doesn't look consistent to my noob eyes, its kind of patchy.

First thing I notice was the pistons have no movement, they're tight. I'll get a crank pulley on it then try to rotate it. Second off, the water pump is almost seized. Then lastly the main crank seals are a little wet, but the oil pan gasket is dry. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

105_4615.jpg

105_4616.jpg

105_4617.jpg

Last edited:
I would really think about dealing with the rust but maybe you don't mind running this little EF'r into the ground. I been around Hondas for a while and I remmeber seeing lots of clean EF hatches back in the 90's....now they are more scarce in Cali. That tells me that they must be even more scarce in colder climates. This one can survive still. At least tape it off......grind it down a little, prime it and paint it. I got a rattle can to match my color for less than $10 (U.S. dollar yo!) at a PPG store. Its a one-step system with clear already in it.

^^^^ Ya know, you did look a little "Butt Hurt" back about 10 posts....... :cool: I didn't want mention it, but woke up a couple of times last night thinking about it and "00"'s feelings......

I figure it would be better to at least expose those rust areas and coat them with some........sections off with some flames or something lol
Good idea! I can already see Brad in it - just visualize the yellow wheels and flames.....

waynes_world_pacer.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^ Ya know, you did look a little "Butt Hurt" back about 10 posts....... :cool: I didn't want mention it, but woke up a couple of times last night thinking about it and "00"'s feelings......

You waking up and thinking about 00 and butt hurt.........sodomy is not legal in many states!

Back