Brake Pedal goes to the floor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now some of you have seen my other thread about my ongoing project (in sig)

I just put in rta's from an integra along with a new mc and prop valve. I bench bled the mc (alot drained out though when i was installing it) and just bled all 4 brakes starting RR, LR, RF, then LF.

My pedal would do this before i did the swap on a hot day... just sink to the floor. Now that i replaced everything but the Brake Booster it does it all the time... like undrivable it doesnt grab until its all the way on the floor. So my question is WTF? do i have to get a new Brake booster or did i Ef something up somewhere???????

Ps help me im wetodddid

There has to be air in the line somewhere.. Maybe go buy a good bleeder/vacuum tester and bleed them with it. The pedal won't go to the floor if there is no air in the lines. The only other place it would have to go is out of the system. But you would be leaking fluid.

The only other way to get a soft brake pedal is faulty lines. I've seen the rubber lines bulge. Check those, but I would be more than willing to bet that there is air somewhere.

hmm wne i pulled out my old mc it looked like it was leaking pretty bad on the bb.....

maybe when i installed the new mc air got in it while i was trying to put it in maybe?

i guess ill just try taking it off re bench bleeding and install it faster lol

Ya, just bleed the system as much as you can. Sounds like you have air in the lines. Also make sure to depress the brake pedal to the floor and hold it before you tighten up the bleeder valve. Make sure your fluid resivior cap is open when your bleeding, and try not to let it go past the minimum level.

If that doesn't help, you might have to bench-bleed the mastercylinder again, which involves removing it. Not fun.

asmallsol is a good person to ask about brake stuff, he helped me out with my brakes.

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 17 2005, 10:18 AM
Ya, just bleed the system as much as you can. Sounds like you have air in the lines. Also make sure to depress the brake pedal to the floor and hold it before you tighten up the bleeder valve. Make sure your fluid resivior cap is open when your bleeding, and try not to let it go past the minimum level.

If that doesn't help, you might have to bench-bleed the mastercylinder, which involves removing it. Not fun.

asmallsol is a good person to ask about brake stuff, he helped me out with my brakes.
[post=541197]Quoted post[/post]​

Just don't talk to pissedoffsol.. his brakes leak.
[/ballbust]

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 17 2005, 10:22 AM-->
@Aug 17 2005, 10:18 AM
Ya, just bleed the system as much as you can.  Sounds like you have air in the lines.  Also make sure to depress the brake pedal to the floor and hold it before you tighten up the bleeder valve.  Make sure your fluid resivior cap is open when your bleeding, and try not to let it go past the minimum level.

If that doesn't help, you might have to bench-bleed the mastercylinder, which involves removing it.  Not fun.

[post=541197]Quoted post[/post]​

Just don't talk to pissedoffsol.. his brakes leak.
[/ballbust]
[post=541202]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r:

lol well i found my problem....

After taking of the mc again and bench bleeding it i see that the rubber gasket didnt come with it so i take it out and put itback on... then i see a second rubber gasket (Doh!!!!111!!1!1) it never came off with the old one either causing it not to seal with the BB therefore causing a leak in the system and no brake pressure.

so imadouche and everything is good... i re-bled the whole system once again and put the mc back on( what a pain in the ass that is) and i have a nice stiff brake pedal with some give, just how i like it.

On a bad note i have a vacuum leak somewhere and my idle is now at about 2100 so i gotta go fix that and then i'll give a review on how much of a difference this new brake stuff made in my other thread...

Thanks for the quick responses HS owns :worthy:

Back