Brakes rubbing on rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen_Insane

I got some 92 integra front brakes today at a steal: $53.50 for the rotors and calipers on BOTH SIDES!!!!! They're in ok condition too :). However....my 13" "rims" (my steelies) won't go on now. Can I just grind down the caliper to get them to fit or am I going to have to take out a loan and buy some fucking rims and new tires (gRRRRRRR!!!!!!!). Thanks

-Kai

...PS - How do you put axles back together?!? I had to pull one apart cuz the was fucked up (one of the bearing was broken, but Steve is replacing it!! I LOVE YOU STEVE!!!) and now its really hard to get back together. Any tricks? Or do i just have to hold it "just right" so the axle cap thingy goes on? Thanks again!

[edit] shit...i just realized this is in the wrong place. Sorry, could a mod please move it?[/edit]

A guy on H-T had a thread were he ground down a couple mm off hte saddle, to fit under HX rims, so you may be able to do that, but if it were me, I'd just figure out how far they need to be off, and buy a couple thin spacers, 3-5mm.

I am pretty sure that 13's no matter what will not fit on integra brakes, however, you can run 14's if you shave a little off your caliper (there is a good FAQ on honda-tech.com about them in the civic/eg/ek forum). You dont have the shave your caliper for all rims. Del sol rims will fit over GSR brakes when HX wheels will not without modifications to the calipers.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

MMMOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you can get some stock rims pretty cheap ... look around for a set of 14's or somethin

go to a junk yard, 14's with tires will be like 100 or 150 bucks...
or should be anyway

old VW alloys will work on your honda as well, and they are suspossed to be lighter and wider... good luck

This topic has gone off topic. If you wish to continue the original topic, please start a new thread. This topic has been closed.

:locked:

Thank you, the moderating team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back