break - in procedure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

how do you actually break-in a clutch? rpm limit? is cruising on freeway at 3500 ok? can you give your car some gas thru the gears even though you are not high-revving?

variation is key. DONT stay at any one rpm. bring it up and down . if you're on the highway a lot, cruise between 55 and 75 back and forth, and hit 4th from time to time.

DON'T launch on it hard or try to power shift. usually 200 miles is good enough

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 08:37 PM
variation is key. DONT stay at any one rpm. bring it up and down . if you're on the highway a lot, cruise between 55 and 75 back and forth, and hit 4th from time to time.

DON'T launch on it hard or try to power shift. usually 200 miles is good enough
[post=509412]Quoted post[/post]​

so you can pull ALL the way thru gears....just don't shift??

yes that is alrite but dnt go doin that all the time in the break in process, jus acouple times is all u need.

I drove easy on mine and would do a few pulls on mine when I got it, and now it grabs and makes the car jerk under normal driving. Did I do somethign wrong? This is ProClutch 2200PP an organic disc.... <_<

EDIT: If I try to, I can make it not jerk, but I have to make a conscious effort to do so. and it doesnt seem to be jerky like that if I take the rpms to, say 4.5K and shift. only on low rpm shifts.

Back