Brian>> I cant pm you about this

Sed8ed

For some reason I can't send you a pm but I keep getting this code

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3323 bytes) in /home/virtual/site5/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Topics.php on line 389

I can't view topics anymore

really??

anyone else having this problem??

i saw it once while doing a PM, and i increased the memory alocation table, an haven't seen it since...
thought i fixed it.

since we are talking aboutproblems with the board, i have a couple new problems that started tonite:

1) all the emoticons in posts are coming up as broken links (X's)

2) when i edit a post and then submit it, i get the confirmation page, but it doesnt take me back to the topic or forum. it gets stuck on the confirmation page and a message to retry or cancel keeps coming up.

Sed8ed

I just came back on and I am no longer getting that message... maybe there were just too many people on this board at that time. I couldn't view any posts or enter the pm screen without getting that message, but the last 3 digit number was always different.

Oh well, I guess we won't know until it happens again... hope this helps.

3 digit number? i have no idea what you are referring to.

the OLD emoticons don't show-- i know... but the new ones do.
thats because i moved the board from/invboard to /forums

all the new posts seem to work- so im nto worried about it.. they are just smilies.

any other problems?

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
The links don't work if the link you are post contains % 20 . The board converts this to a space (even when you use the link button) So any link posted with a % 20 in it is broken. Like this for example:
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.urr?kbb...0;Infiniti;1994 G20&9;IF;A4&

EDIT had to change percent20 to % 20 because it was automatically converting that crap again.

We need a disable HTML in this post button.

Trinity

<font color=#FF909B><b>I go back like Aqua Net.</b
well ican't make my sig in color or any other text, it comes out all screwed up

xlfusionxl

It wont let me upload my own avatar. i asked brian but he didnt know. does anyone know why it wont let me upload an avatar. the pics i have been trying are below 80 x 80 and are the correct file size. please someone help me!

xlfusionxl

nevermind, i chose to upload it to another site, and then enter the url into the avatar box. lol i sound confusing.

guys you need to be more specific on whats going on.

Trinity? colors? you have color in your sig now????
lsvtec - HTML is disabled PERIOD. its set in the admin panel

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Why does the board automatically convert percent20 into a space? Is there an escape character to disable the conversion?

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
It is the escaped space for HTML, I have no idea what the ASCII number ffor a space is, let me look it up (what kind of geek am I anyway?)

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Is there a way for us to force URL safe characters? I don't think works in a URL.