Brian>> I cant pm you about this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

For some reason I can't send you a pm but I keep getting this code

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3323 bytes) in /home/virtual/site5/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Topics.php on line 389

I can't view topics anymore

really??

anyone else having this problem??

i saw it once while doing a PM, and i increased the memory alocation table, an haven't seen it since...
thought i fixed it.

since we are talking aboutproblems with the board, i have a couple new problems that started tonite:

1) all the emoticons in posts are coming up as broken links (X's)

2) when i edit a post and then submit it, i get the confirmation page, but it doesnt take me back to the topic or forum. it gets stuck on the confirmation page and a message to retry or cancel keeps coming up.

I just came back on and I am no longer getting that message... maybe there were just too many people on this board at that time. I couldn't view any posts or enter the pm screen without getting that message, but the last 3 digit number was always different.

Oh well, I guess we won't know until it happens again... hope this helps.

3 digit number? i have no idea what you are referring to.

the OLD emoticons don't show-- i know... but the new ones do.
thats because i moved the board from/invboard to /forums

all the new posts seem to work- so im nto worried about it.. they are just smilies.

any other problems?

The links don't work if the link you are post contains % 20 . The board converts this to a space (even when you use the link button) So any link posted with a % 20 in it is broken. Like this for example:
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.urr?kbb...0;Infiniti;1994 G20&9;IF;A4&

EDIT had to change percent20 to % 20 because it was automatically converting that crap again.

We need a disable HTML in this post button.

well ican't make my sig in color or any other text, it comes out all screwed up

It wont let me upload my own avatar. i asked brian but he didnt know. does anyone know why it wont let me upload an avatar. the pics i have been trying are below 80 x 80 and are the correct file size. please someone help me!

nevermind, i chose to upload it to another site, and then enter the url into the avatar box. lol i sound confusing.

guys you need to be more specific on whats going on.

Trinity? colors? you have color in your sig now????
lsvtec - HTML is disabled PERIOD. its set in the admin panel

Why does the board automatically convert percent20 into a space? Is there an escape character to disable the conversion?

im not sure- but is the ascii characer for space

It is the escaped space for HTML, I have no idea what the ASCII number ffor a space is, let me look it up (what kind of geek am I anyway?)

the advaced codes are all like that-

> is really > for example, and space is sometimes
but in urls, M$ decided to use
i dunno

Is there a way for us to force URL safe characters? I don't think works in a URL.

No problem. It's not a big issue, just curious at this point.

Back