Building An Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Engine Builders-
I need assistance on what to do. I am looking for an nice engine such as a B18A1. I am planning on buyingit off ebay but was wondering if Honda ever made an SI engine out of a B18? What head would fit on the B18 block? B16? I mean I want a really fast really powerful car, I want about 200-220 HP none Turbo. Also I will be stripping the entire interior, door panels, seats carpet, everything... it's kinda like a K-mart liquidation everythign must go, if I dont need it to go fast it's for sell.

Brian

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Mar 3 2003, 11:26 AM
Engine Builders-
I need assistance on what to do. I am looking for an nice engine such as a B18A1. I am planning on buyingit off ebay but was wondering if Honda ever made an SI engine out of a B18? What head would fit on the B18 block? B16? I mean I want a really fast really powerful car, I want about 200-220 HP none Turbo. Also I will be stripping the entire interior, door panels, seats carpet, everything... it's kinda like a K-mart liquidation everythign must go, if I dont need it to go fast it's for sell.

Brian

alot of people will tell you its easy to get power out of an LS/VTEC... but thats horse shiet!

:lol:

it takes time and money [lets not forget the right tuner and builder]... i mean personally im putting down 191 to the ground, and i was expecting alot more but i know where my problem lies and im gonna fix it and get more power out of it...

oh BTW, i wouldnt buy shit off EBay! a bunch of my friends got burned when they went to buy a motor there... and no they did not make an SI out of the b18?!?! :huh: any b series head will fit on a b series block... best combo i would say is LS block with b16 head... the set up you've chose... other people prefer the b20 block, but i have my reasons.

the only way your gonna get a really fast and really powerful car is if your willing to spend the cash... personally in all my cars total, i've spent well over $35,000 in parts and labor... it sound like its alot but it depends on how serious you are.

if you dont wanna go through the hassle of buying parts and getting it installed and you want to do it in one fatal swoop... check out www.importbuilders.com they can send you a full crate motor already tuned and set up for your car... all you have to do is drop it in...

Jeff has some alright deals, and he knows how to make good power! so check it out, if you have the cash to spend all at one time... otherwise just do it one step at a time and :readfaq:

Back