bye bye sti...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pro's:

it's an M3
its cheap, considering what it cost new 2 years ago...
the sti is beat... even though its fixed, im over it, ya know? it lost that appeal...
6 spd, hard to find sometimes...

cons:
winter = need a winter beater
taxes. 879 on the sti this year, can't imagine what they will be on the M? maybe $1k?
insurance bump? probably won't be much... but its still something to consider.
what they give me for a trade value?
what they are able to finance me at (sti has 2.9%, and i'm sure i can't touch that on a used car...)

get the M3!! badass car plus you probably wont get as many dipshits revving on you like you probably do in the STi. plus the M3 is a pussy puller :D

get the M3!! badass car plus you probably wont get as many dipshits revving on you like you probably do in the STi. plus the M3 is a pussy puller :D

B's mohawk was the real pussy puller :lol:

i would get an m3 just because i like the scream of a supercharger. god those are sick.

$875 taxes on your ride in one year?? Your state sucks ass.

Texas registration (I guess that would be our form of taxes) is $50something a year no matter what you drive. (unless its an 18 wheeler, then you pay out the ass)

werd...you only pay 100 bucks a year (registration and inspection) after that, its all insurance.

thats not state--- thats local city property taxes.

registration and sales tax is different.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal. If you can get the same financing, or something very close, take it. My only gripe, its black. But a guy i worked with this summer had a black one with the 19's like that one has, its simply..... beautiful.

youve driven a 02+ m3 before right? I've been to 150 driving one hehe

i like the black. the only other color i'd like more is the avus or leguna seca blues. maybe the silver. but black is up there, its not red or yellow... or samba green :p so its cool in my book. black = pimp :)

I've driven the "clutch-less" m3 and it was a blast. I wish I could own a 6spd beemer. I never really liked stis anyway.

dont get me wrong, black looks hot on that car. I just dunno if i could deal with or keep up with the upkeep of keeping it clean, swirlmarks, and dings/scratches.

I KNOW i won't. and really, i don't care :) cars are meant to be driven, not parked and looked at.

the SMG system while "cool" is no better than an automatic IMO.

Nismo is Nissan...

anywho, I test drove a M3 and you know how much I didnt care for it.
over all a sweet ass car, but for the price. even with low miles, it felt run down.
If the deal was good enough I'd buy one. but for less money I was able to get the TL and Im very happy with that buy.

How much are they asking for the M3 "sticker price" before trade.

I <3 the TL. ive only driven an e36 m3, but the tl straight up kills the m3 (even though the tl is FWD).

Back